Kanye West's relationship with the paparazzi has been strained in recent times. It seems as if he will be facing a lawsuit for one of his heated incidents that occurred this summer. Kanye West was slapped with a lawsuit today stemming from an incident with a photographer that turned physical at Los Angeles International Airport in July. Daniel Ramos, the photographer in the altercation, is suing Yeezy after the July 19 incident where West grabbed his camera and physically tussled with the cameraman. The incident ended with Ramos allegedly ending up in the hospital with a possibility of felony charges on the horizon.

Although, Kanye West was officially not charged with any felony by the Los Angeles Police Department, he will still face a tough day in court as he will be represented by famous high-powered attorney, Gloria Allred, in a civil case. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Allred is claiming the lawsuit will cover assault, battery and interference with Ramos' free speech rights. She apparently has urged Kanye to apologize for the incident.

“Without warning or provocation, Mr. West suddenly attacked Danny, punching him and attempting to wrestle Danny’s camera from his hand,” Allred said during the press conference. “Danny held onto his camera and fell down onto his knees onto the paved sidewalk with enough force that he sustained injuries to his right hip, was in great pain, and had to be transported in an ambulance to the emergency room. As a result, today we have filed a lawsuit against Kanye West in L.A. County Superior Court alleging assault, battery, negligence, and interference with Danny’s civil rights.”

During today's press conference, Kanye's alleged victim offered a statement to the public regarding the controversial incident. He claims that he is still suffering from physical problems from the tussle and that he was in shock when it happened.

“When Kanye West attacked me, I was in complete shock,” said Ramos told the press. “All I had done was asked him a question. I was terrified when Kanye started coming at me. I backed up because I felt from the look in his eyes that he was going to attack me…I was in terrible pain from the attack and I am still in pain. I spent two weeks on crutches and then I was walking with a cane for some time.”"

Video footage of the incident was captured from multiple photographers and dispersed by multiple media outlets including TMZ and YouTube. You can watch footage of the altercation below.

[Via HipHopDX]

More From XXL