Faith Evans Flips The Notorious B.I.G.’s Iconic Song for “Ten Wife Commandments”
Faith Evans is gearing up to release her duet album with her late husband The Notorious B.I.G. titled The King & I on May 19. Today (March 23), she drops her brand new single "Ten Wife Commandments," which finds the singer reinterpreting Biggie's iconic song "Ten Crack Commandments," off his Life After Death album.
Faith sings on the new song about what it takes to be a great wife, flipping Biggie's how-to guide of selling drugs into a fun record. She explains the process about making the song in a statement.
"'Ten Wife Commandments' was the first song I started recording for The King & I," she states. "Excited and optimistic about the new deal and the opportunity to bring my idea to life, I started looking for Big’s acapellas on YouTube while in Detroit rehearsing with my band. With 'Ten Crack Commandments' being one of the songs I had always wanted to redo, I found it and got to work. It took a few different sessions to get the commandments to be meaningful and clever, but I do feel these are points that both men and women can appreciate."
"Ten Wife Commandments" is the third single off The King & I. The previously released single were “When We Party” featuring Snoop Dogg and "NYC" featuring Jadakiss. The album features guest appearances by rap royalty including Busta Rhymes, 'Kiss, Lil’ Cease, Lil’ Kim, Sheek Louch, Styles P and Snoop.
Peep the playlist and new single below.
The King & I tracklist
- “A Billion”
- “Beautiful” (Interlude)
- “Can’t Get Enough”
- “Don’t Test Me”
- “Big/Faye” (Interlude) – featuring Jamal Woolard
- “Tryna Get By”
- “The Reason”
- “I Don’t Want It” – featuring Lil’ Cease
- “I Got Married” (Interlude) – featuring Mama Wallace
- “Wife Commandments”
- “We Just Clicked” (Interlude) – featuring Mama Wallace
- “A Little Romance”
- “The Baddest” (Interlude)
- “Fool For You”
- “Crazy” (Interlude) – featuring 112 & Mama Wallace
- “Got Me Twisted”
- “When We Party” – featuring Snoop Dogg
- “Somebody Knows” – featuring Busta Rhymes
- “Take Me There” – featuring Sheek Louch & Styles P
- “One In The Same”
- “I Wish” (Interlude) – featuring Kevin McCall & Chyna Tahjere
- “Lovin You For Life” – featuring Lil’ Kim
- “NYC” – featuring Jadakiss
- “It Was Worth It”
Here Are the 2017 Hip-Hop Music Festivals You Need to See