Doin’ Lines With Benny The Butcher – Favorite Rapper Jay-Z, Holy Grail of Hip-Hop and Biggest Weakness
Benny The Butcher fills in the blanks.
Interview: Aleia Woods
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the Winter 2021 issue of XXL Magazine, on stands now.
1. I’d take a one way flight to Puerto Rico.
2. My first big investment purchase was a kilo.
3. Come to Buffalo if you’re looking for the new home of underground hip-hop culture.
4. My favorite rapper of all time is Beyoncé’s husband.
5. I need the best producers in the game before I start working on a new album.
6. I can’t live life without my kids.
7. My biggest pet peeve is people wanting my help, but not my guidance.
8. No outfit is complete without all-white Nike Air Force Ones.
9. My biggest weakness is I give everybody the benefit of the doubt.
10. The opinions of others don’t matter unless they’re your peers.
11. New York is the holy grail of hip-hop.
12. Finding a major deal was my greatest full-circle moment.
13. My favorite song to sing in the whip is "Friends" by the Carters.
14. Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.
15. Conway The Machine has unmatched rap wordplay.
16. My favorite actor is Don Cheadle.
17. I wish "Practice" by Mont Dawg was my song.
18. One thing I really wanna buy myself but haven’t yet is the Mercedes-Benz S580.
19. I hate leeches.
20. J.Lo is of most beautiful women I have ever seen.
Check out more from XXL’s Winter 2021 issue including our cover story featuring the XXL awards board members, Juice Wrld's mother reflects on her son, Big30 gears up for his debut album, a look back at the history of remixing hip-hop songs, Latin trap star Eladio Carrion talks about working with Bobby Shmurda, Tobe Nwigwe's viral movement with a purpose, KenTheMan gets cosigns from 2 Chainz and Snoop Dogg, 10 moments rappers lost valuable possessions and more.