Doin’ Lines With Amine – Best Advice, Biggest Regret, Dream Job If He Wasn’t a Rapper and More
Aminé fills in the blanks.
Interviews: Zoe Johnson
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the Spring 2021 issue of XXL Magazine, on stands now.
1. I want to work with Daft Punk before I die.
2. Most people can’t tell, but I am a huge fan of pasta.
3. In 20 years, I’ll be remembered for being a good person.
4. The best advice I ever got was to not worry about others and focus on your own goals.
5. My biggest regret is quarantine took away one year of my 20s.
6. My first childhood crush was this girl named Essie.
7. Aminé wouldn’t be Aminé without the color yellow.
8. Working out early in the morning is the best way to start my day.
9. I can’t live without music.
10. Working with Young Thug was a dream come true.
11. The first time you hear my music, you should listen to “Dr. Whoever.”
12. Larry June’s “Smoothies in 1991” is the best song to listen to and puts me in a good mood.
13. I need Mary Jane and my engineer with me in the studio when I’m recording.
14. I listened to Future before I did this interview.
15. If I wasn’t a rapper, I’d be a creative consultant.
16. Nobody can do videos better than me.
17. I can’t leave the house without a joint.
18. If I could tell the youth one thing it’s be yourself.
19. There’s nothing better than rain in Portland in the spring.
20. It was always my dream to be a basketball player.
Check out more from XXL’s Spring 2021 issue including Cardi B's cover story, how rappers are legally making money from the cannabis boom and the social justice that comes with it, Snowfall's Damson Idris on how hip-hop impacted his life, A$AP Ferg reflects on the making of his Always Strive and Prosper album, Shelley F.K.A. DRAM talks about his comeback, Trippie Redd speaks on how Playboi Carti and Lil Uzi Vert helped change hip-hop, Waka Flocka Flame checks in with us and gives an update on his Flockaveli 2 album in What's Happenin', Show & Prove interviews with 42 Dugg, Blxst, Lakeyah and Rubi Rose, Erica Banks discusses the making of hit song "Buss It," the Internet Money takeover with producers Taz Taylor and Nick Mira, the artists that are up next on rapper-run record labels and more.