Doin’ Lines With DJ Mustard
Doin' Lines: DJ Mustard
The super producer fills in all the blanks.
As told to Emmanuel C.M.
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the October/November 2014 issue of XXL Magazine.
1. I get A MILLION mustard jokes a week because of my producer name.
2. I hate ANNOYING PEOPLE.
3. Ty Dolla $ign always SMOKES when recording music.
4. Jay Z told me "GO HARD ON THEM."
5. A groupie once CHASED MY BUS.
6. Growing up I was called MUSTARD.
7. My first tattoo was MY SISTER'S NAME, TIFFANY.
8. The best West Coast album I ever heard was THE CHRONIC.
9. The first time I DJ’d was A PARTY at THE AGE OF 11.
10. I knew I was a star when I GOT MY FIRST CHECK.
11. I would describe my music as HIP-HOP.
12. My favorite DJ Drama Gangsta Grillz mixtape is LIL WAYNE'S DEDICATION.
13. The best beat I ever made was "MY HITTA."
14. The best advice I ever got was TO STAY FOCUSED and that was from SNOOP DOGG.
15. The most money I ever held in my hand was $50K.
16. I think EDM is HARD.
17. RATCHET is the craziest thing I seen in South Central Los Angeles.
18. I would love to work with BEYONCE.
19. One artist people should start to pay attention to is ROYCE THE CHOICE.
20. I started producing because OF DR. DRE.