RZA, Cilvaringz and Sasha Frere-Jones held a private listening of Wu-Tang's Once Upone a Time in Shaolin album at PS1, the Queens outpost of New York’s Museum of Modern ArtThe LP will be auctioned for a large some of money to one buyer. On Monday (March 2), Forbes learned that after Once Upone a Time in Shaolin is sold to the single buyer, there is an 88-year copyright on the project that will prohibit the buyer from sharing the project in any capacity. According to producer Cilvaringz, "After 88 years the copyright, which includes public and commercial rights, automatically transfers to the owner of the work. However, it will still be his or her choice at that [point] to release it or not release it."

At the listening it was again reinforced that whoever buys the rights to the LP is not allowed to sell it, Instead, whoever purchases the album must agree never to release it to the general public without the Wu’s permission according to Paddle8’s website.  XXL caught up with Method Man yesterday to talk about his upcoming movie The Cobbler and Once Upon a Time in Shaolin. Meth didn't seem to be aware that the record wouldn't be available to the public for nearly a century, vocally expressing his concern with the group's decision.

"Fuck that album, if that’s what they are doing,"  said Method Man. "I haven’t heard anything like that, but if they’re doing crap like that, fuck that album. Straight up."

Once Upon a Time in Shaolin will legally be unable to distribute the record commercially. However, RZA indicates that this does not stop the consumer from perhaps distributing the album for free if given permission. He continues on.

Back in December, RZA explained that vibes between the group's members weren't too great after the release of their
A Better Tomorrow album. We'll continue to update as the story progresses. XXL has reached out to the reps of RZA for comment. To make things even more crazy, the single-copy of the
Once Upon a Time in Shaolin was seized by customs at JFK Airport after it was brought it in a locked box with no key, according to
Page Six. The day before the MoMA PS1, the box was held for more than three hours by TSA.