In The Cut: Songs You Need To Hear From February 2014
We can’t believe it’s already March. Last month was pretty busy. We saw the end of 50 Cent’s run with Interscope, as he is now signed to Caroline Records through an indie deal. Other big moments included an unexpected album release from Kid Cudi, a long-awaited major label debut from ScHoolboy Q, and the Air Yeezy II Red Octobers surprisingly dropped and sold out in mere minutes. Besides that, there are our heated debates on choosing the 2014 XXL Freshman. Don't worry guys, it is coming very soon.
We personally aren't sweating the pressures, though. We keep it cool, especially when there's an influx of new music that's been keeping our offices jumping. Some of these joints appeared on previously released LPs, and others are singles that made rounds on blogs. To keep you up to speed on today’s hip-hop, check out our playlist on the songs you need to hear from February.
1. Wiz Khalifa "We Dem Boyz"
2. Future "Move That Dope"
3. Rick Ross "Sanctified" featuring Kanye West And Big Sean
4. Kid Cudi "Satellite Flight"
5. ScHoolboy Q, 2 Chainz "What They Want"
6. Troy Ave "Everything" featuring Pusha T
7. Roc Marciano "Didn't Know" featuring Freeway And Knowledge The Pirate
8. Kid Ink "Show Me (Remix)" featuring Trey Songz, Juicy J, 2 Chainz, Chris Brown
9. YG "My Nigga (Remix)"
10. Asher Roth "Tangerine Girl"
11. Sage The Gemini featuring August Alsina "Down On Your Luck"
12. Mac Miller "Avian"
13. Tech N9ne "Fragile"
14. ScHoolboy Q, Raekwon "Blind Threats"
15. The Doppelgangaz "Knowntchootahlie"
16. Ransom, Statik Selektah "Jade"
17. Kid Cudi, Raphael Saadiq "Balmain Jeans"
18. Fat Trel "She Feel In Love"
19. Rick Ross, French Montana "Nobody"
20. Casey Veggies "Whip It"
21. ScHoolboy Q, BJ The Chicago Kid "Studio"