- floyd mayweatherFloyd Mayweather's been in the news an awful lot over the past month, first for remaining undefeated during his title bout with boxer Marcos Maidana—at which Lil Wayne performed his new single "Believe Me"—and then on a much bigger scale for his brawl with T.I. over Memorial Day weekend in a fast food restaurant in Las Vegas. But his connection to hip-hop goes back much further, to his days hanging with 50 Cent in the late 2000s, a friendship which landed him on the <a title="cover" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/11/50-cent-floyd-mayweather-cover-new-xxl-plus-four-more-50-covers/" target="_blank">cover of <em>XXL</em></a> in 2012. From 50 to Rick Ross and all the way up to his troubles with Tip, here are 17 of Mayweather's biggest hip-hop moments. Fight night.
- De La Hoya v Mayweather Jr. Official Weigh-In<b>May 5, 2007</b><br />50 Cent accompanies Mayweather to the ring for his title fight against Oscar De La Hoya, and <a title="curtis" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2007/04/50-cent-to-perform-new-single-at-mayweatherde-la-hoya-fight/" target="_blank">performs his new <i>Curtis</i> single </a>"Straight To The Bank" live for the first time.Photo Credit: Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Floyd Mayweather<b>March 4, 2008</b><br />Mayweather asks 50 Cent to accompany him to the ring when he fights <a title="bigshow" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2008/03/50-cent-to-accompany-floyd-mayweather-into-ring-at-wwe-match/" target="_blank">The Big Show on WWE's Wrestlemania XXIV</a> in Orlando at the end of the month, a fight for which Mayweather reportedly made more than $20 million.
- Rick Ross Diddy<b>Jan. 6, 2010</b><br />Diddy has to <a title="diddy" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2010/01/diddy-breaks-up-possible-rick-rossfloyd-mayweather-altercation/" target="_blank">mediate a potential brawl</a> between Rick Ross and Mayweather when the two run into each other at the opening of the Vanity nightclub in Las Vegas; the two were beefing after Ross called out Floyd during his war of words with 50 Cent.
- Birdman<b>May 6, 2010</b><br />Birdman <a title="birdman" href="http://ksfm.cbslocal.com/2010/05/06/birdman-bet-4-million-on-floyd-mayweathers-last-fight/" target="_blank">collects $4 million that he bet </a>on Floyd Mayweather's fight against Shane Mosley, and promises to put up $10 million if Mayweather were to ever fight Manny Pacquiao.
- Floyd Mayweather 50 cent
- 50 Cent Floyd Mayweather<b>Jan. 25, 2011</b><br />50 and Floyd Mayweather announce that their <a title="film" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/lifestyle/2011/01/50-cent-starts-film-company-with-floyd-mayweather-jr/" target="_blank">starting their own film production company</a> called Mayweather Productions at Sundance Film Festival, which will be part of 50's $200 million deal with Lionsgate.
- fabolous ray j<b>Sept. 18, 2011</b><br />Ray J and Fabolous <a title="fab" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2011/09/ray-j-fabolous-involved-in-fight-in-las-vegas-audio/" target="_blank">get into a fight</a> at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas at an after party following Floyd Mayweather's victory over Victor Ortiz, allegedly over Fab's tweets about Mayweather's HBO show.
- 50 Cent Floyd Mayweather<strong>Oct. 18, 2011</strong><br />50 Cent brings out <a title="stage" href="http://www.viewhiphop.com/12022/50-cent-brings-out-floyd-mayweather-at-dew-tour-championship/" target="_blank">Mayweather on stage</a> during a performance in Las Vegas for the Dew Tour Finals.<br /><br /><iframe width="670" height="380" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RsJQNQOM9bA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- floyd mayweather 50 cent xxl cover<b>Nov. 17, 2011</b><br />50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather <a title="cover" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/11/50-cent-floyd-mayweather-cover-new-xxl-plus-four-more-50-covers/" target="_blank">cover the Dec./Jan. 2012 issue of <i>XXL</i></a>, one of five covers for our 138th issue.
- 50 cent lil wayne<b>July 23, 2012</b><br />50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather <a title="money" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/xxl-magazine/2012/07/50-cent-becomes-boxing-promoter-with-the-money-team-promotions/" target="_blank">found their boxing promotion company The Money Team</a> and apply for licenses in New York and Las Vegas while Mayweather serves 87 days in jail on a domestic violence charge.
- 50 cent floyd mayweather<b>Nov. 5, 2012</b><br />50 Cent takes to Twitter and announces that <a title="tmt" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2012/11/50-cent-admits-twitter-rift-with-floyd-mayweather-was-publicity-stunt/" target="_blank">The Money Team has been disbanded</a>, only to admit five days later that the entire thing was a publicity stunt and that the two are still cool with each other.
- justin bieber lil wayne floyd mayweather<b>Sept. 15, 2013</b><br />Lil Wayne and Justin Bieber <a title="ring" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/09/floyd-mayweather-jr-enters-ring-flanked-lil-wayne-justin-bieber/" target="_blank">accompany Mayweather to the ring</a> for his fight against Canelo Alvarez, performing "A Milli" while stars such as Rick Ross, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz and Nas all watched from the crowd.
- Snoop Dogg Wins Weed<b>Sept. 17, 2013</b><br />Snoop Dogg takes to his Instagram to announce that he <a title="weed" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/09/snoop-dogg-wins-pound-weed-mayweather-vs-canelo-bet/" target="_blank">won a pound of weed</a> betting on the Mayweather/Canelo fight.
- Ms Jackson floyd mayweather<b>May 1, 2014</b><br />After <a title="nelly" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/05/floyd-mayweather-ex-nelly-sad/" target="_blank">Nelly attended a Miami Heat game</a> with Mayweather's ex-fiancee Shantel Jackson, Mayweather released a photo of Jackson's ultrasound, saying the reason they'd broken up is because Jackson had gotten an abortion; Nelly then drops a diss song called "Thanks To My Ex" as a response.<br /><br /><iframe style="width: 100%; height: 52px;" src="http://emd.sharebeast.com/embed.php?type=basic&file=osebu5zml95k&enableDownload=false&filename=false&dur=208.4&bg=F2F2F2&border=CCCCCC&color1=17517b" height="150" width="300" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
- Floyd Mayweather 2 Chainz Rick Ross<b>May 3, 2014</b><br />Mayweather has his weigh-in for his fight against Marcos Maidana, and this time <a title="ross" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/05/rick-ross-2-chainz-escort-floyd-mayweather-jr-weigh/" target="_blank">he brings Rick Ross</a>—with whom he'd previously beefed—and 2 Chainz along for the ride.
- wayne floyd mayweather justin bieber<b>May 4, 2014</b><br />Lil Wayne accompanies Mayweather to the ring for his fight against Marcos Maidana and <a title="single" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/05/lil-wayne-justin-bieber-escort-floyd-mayweather-jr-ring/" target="_blank">performs his new single</a> off the upcoming <i>Carter V</i>, "Believe Me," for the first time; later, he attempts to fight Maidana's trainer after an altercation in the locker room.
- Floyd Mayweather Tiny<b>May 25, 2014</b><br />T.I. and Floyd Mayweather <a title="fight" href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/05/floyd-mayweather-jr-speaks-fight-t-lets-see-face-look/" target="_blank">get into a fight</a> at a Fatburger in Las Vegas, reportedly over Tip's wife Tiny.
Previously: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Speaks On Fight With T.I.: “Let’s See How His Face Look”
T.I. Responds To Allegations He Was Hit During Mayweather Brawl
Floyd Mayweather Jr. To T.I. “These Hoes Ain’t Loyal”
50 Cent Calls Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Discuss Fight With T.I.
The 6 Best Ring Walk Attires From Floyd Mayweather