- HipHopWedding_06Married in 2008, Papoose and Remy Ma got married in a prison. With Remy serving time for an assault charge, the love birds were left to say "I do" in the big house. The wedding was delayed some time after Papoose was rumored to have brought a key to unlock Remy's handcuffs.
- HipHopWedding_05Married in 2013, Pharrell and wife Helen Lasichanh held a garden party themed wedding. Jay Z, Usher, Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Paula Patton, and Gwen Stefani are all said to have attended.
- HipHopWedding_04Married in April 2008, Jay Z and Beyonce wed after 6 years of dating. The wedding was top secret and is said to only have held 40 guests. To this day there are no public photos of the ceremony.
- HipHopWedding_07Married in 2010, T.I. and Tiny tied the knot in Miami. Usher, Nelly, Ashanti, Jermaine Dupri, Angela Simmons, and Bow Wow were among the guests at the ceremony.
- HipHopWedding_03Married in 2010, Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz tied the knot in Europe. At the time Keys was 5 months pregnant with their son Egypt.
- HipHopWedding_02After dating for about 2 months, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon tied the knot in the Bahamas in 2008. Every year since the couple has renewed their vowels in various locations.
- HipHopWedding_01Married in 2005, Nas and Kelis split four years later. At the ceremony Kelis donned a bright green wedding dress, which Nas drapped across his lap on his 2012 'Life Is Good' album. “She took her stuff out of the house and left her green wedding dress. And that was all she left,” said Nas to MTV News in explanation for the cover art.
- Hiphopwedding_08Married in 1999, Naught By Nature's Treach and Pepa of Salt-N-Pepa strayed away from the norm and held their wedding ceremony at a tattoo shop in April of 1999. The couple tattooed their names and a barbed-wire design to mark the occasion.
With Kim and Kanye set to tie the knot any day now, XXL could not help but think of all the great hip-hop weddings that have come before. Check out “Hip-Hop’s 8 Biggest Weddings.”