1 of 9
- IntroductionIt was all good just a year ago. Since things have gone sour between A$AP Rocky and SpaceGhostPurrp, their beef has seen a war of words on Twitter, gunshots fired and even a bizaare appearance from Soulja Boy. With the leak of Rocky's <i>Long.Live.A$AP</i> last week revealing a new diss towards his former friend, we took it upon ourselves to recap this friend turned foe relationship. Check out A History of A$AP Rocky and SpaceGhostPurrp's Beef –<i>XXL Staff</i>
- The good old days... (2011)The good old days... (2011)Before all the beef, A$AP Rocky and SpaceGhostPurrp’s relationship was best known for the amazing chemistry they had on one of Rocky’s first breakout tracks, “Pretty Flacko”, produced by SGP. In a Rocky’s recent cover story with Complex, he revealed that the two were in fact close: “This is a guy who used to live in my house. My mom took care of him. Before I had a record deal we were sharing dinner plates and shit.”
- How It All Started...(June 2012)How It All Started...(June 2012)The Raider Klan and A$AP Mob alliance began to fall apart when SpaceGhostPurrp accused A$AP Twelvy of jumping fellow Raider Klan affiliate Matt Stoops in New York City. SpaceGhostPurrp soon took to his Twitter: "Real niggas don't jump niggas who come in peace if you jump niggas who aint bout starting problems then you a fuck nigga g shit" SpaceGhost tweeted before taking aim at Twelvy himself: "@AsapTwelvyy you jumped my cuzin pussy nigga? you dead nigga u and yo crew fuck nigga i mean dat nigga u gone die fuck nigga." And with that, the wheels were in motion...
- Raider Klan Vlog (June 2012)SpaceGhostPurrp Accuses A$AP Rocky of Stealing His Style and Lyrics (June 2012)The night after accusing A$AP Twelvyy of jumping his cousin, SpaceGhostPurrp and members of the Raider Klan made it clear the two camps were no longer on good terms in a vlog post that has since been taken down. Purrp also denounced Rocky and the Mob for stealing his style and lyrics. In the video's comments section he responded to one user, adding "roxky know he fucked up bruh he knew he stole my lyrics and put it in goldie he know he stole my raider heiroglyphics he knew stole my beat and played it at coachella and aint shout me out bruh he know he wrong fa dis shit and yall blind ass niggas wanna take up for this lame ass nigga bruh he fake bruh why wud i lie for"
- Screen shot 2012-12-23 at 2.30.02 PMSpaceGhostPurrp Says He'll Never Work With A$AP Rocky Again (July 2012)in an interview with HipHopDX, SGP confirmed that the two had severed ties. "There's no ASAP/Raider Klan, none of that shit. I wish the best for him for the rest and how he do, like direct videos and how he rap, whatever he do, but no way in hell - I'm not even stepping in the studio with him"
- A$AP Rocky tells SGP to 'stick to making beats' (July 1, 2012)A$AP Rocky tells SGP to 'stick to making beats'<iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:810993/cp~vid%3D810993%26instance%3Dmtv%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A810993" width="620" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>During a red carpet interview with MTV at the 2012 BET Awards, A$AP made his distaste for SpaceGhostPurrp known. When asked what the situation was between the two, Rocky quickly responded "Fuck him. He's one of those guys - a lot of guys just hang around me and try to get hot. When they dip off, start throwing dirt on a young blood, but they can't stop the pretty motherfucker. At the end of the day he knows what it is, and he's trying to lie to people, pumping that we took style from him. If you really look at it the proof is in the pudding, he's corny. Stick to making beats, that's all I gotta say."
- Soulja Boy July 2012)In a bizaare turn of events, Soulja Boy poked his head in on the brewing beef between SGP and A$AP Rocky, taking to Twitter to engage with the “Pretty Flacko” producer in a war of words. “Only reason I gave @SGhostPurrp a pass was because ASAP Rocky. now that rocky doesn’t fuck with you. We gon eat yo face nigga. Bath salts.” Soulja Boy threatened before adding “I swear to God on my mama, I want yo face nigga. We gon eat that shit. bath salts. pussy. @SGhostPurrp” SGP didn’t seem to take the threats too seriously, responding “@souljaboy u annoyin bruh”.
- Raider Klan and A$AP Mob collide in Miami (November 2012)Raider Klan and A$AP Mob collide in MiamiThings escalated quickly when SpaceGhostPurrp and his Raider Klan affiliates showed up at Rocky’s concert in Miami. According to reports, after a war of words on Twitter between members of the opposing crews, more than 30 Raider Klan members took to the parking lot where the A$AP Mob’s tour bus was stationed. Shortly after, a fight broke out and several shots were fired into the air. Rocky was apparently uninvolved in the melee but photos of SpaceGhostPurrp in handcuffs soon surfaced, though he was not brought in by police.
- A$AP Rocky Disses SGP on "Angels" (December 2012)A$AP Rocky Disses SGP on "Angels"Last week, Rocky’s debut LP <i>Long.Live.A$AP</i> leaked onto the internet a month before it’s scheduled release date. On one of the LP’s bonus cuts entitled “Angels” Rocky sends some not so subliminal shots at his former friend, rapping “Niggas claim they the God of black/Well your name is purple, I’m the God of that/Gave you my back, nigga pardon that/Fuck that shit I brought mobbin’ back/Brought robbin’ back, brought the Garden back/Motherfuck Blackland, I brought Harlem back.”