Table of Contents November 2011
- 48 TRILLASTYLES P has been able to do what many rappers in hip-hop haven't: age gracefully. With a new solo album, business interests and a Lox reunion on the horizon, the Yonkers native is moving forward at his speed and on his terms, and no one is gonna stop him.
- 52 SELF MADEAfter overcoming a prison bid and becoming one of the last New York artists to actually blow up, MAINO is facing a new day this time around. The recession and technology have changed how folks move in the industry nowadays, so the Brooklyn rhyme slinger sat with some hip-hop heavyweights for advice on how to work his new album, The Day After Tomorrow.
- 58 HEY YOUNG WORLDAs NAS celebrates 20 years in hip-hop, he gears up for the release of his 10th album, Life Is Good. In honor of Nas's being two decades deep in the game, new rapper, and Odd Future front man, Tyler, the Creator interviewed the grizzled veteran MC and came up with one very candid conversation. Plus: Nas speaks on the 20-, 15-, 10- and 5-year anniversaries of his most seminal works.
- 76 SOMETHING ABOUT MYSELFThe Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, MARY J. BLIGE, is releasing a part two to her classic 1994 album, My Life. To celebrate her longevity, success and contributions to the rap game, XXL fields 20 questions for her from an array of MCs.
- 82 LOOK AT ME NOWAfter a name change and a slew of mixtapes, Atlanta's 2 CHAINZ has transformed himself from fringe act to main attraction. Follow the new leader.
- 84 GHETTO DREAMSA few stalled starts couldn't stop YELAWOLF from breaking out. The newest addition to the Shady Records roster is gearing up for the release of his debut LP, while hoping to prove to everyone that this country boy is ready for the big lights. Hold tight.
- 19 360Fabolous vs. Ray J, Chris Martin on being Jay-Z's friend, White rappers and the N-word, rappers rock animal print and Louboutins, and Busta Rhymes hits hard in Murder to XXLence.
- 41 Show & Prove
Casey Veggies, Los, Lil PLayy, Danny Brown.
- 90 Eye Candy
Bernice Burgos, the dime from J. Cole's "Work Out" video, shows off her curves in a gripping bodysuit.
- 94 The Good Life
How to rock everything from varsity jackets to seasonal colored jeans.
- 101 X-RatedWale, Yelawolf, Statik Selektah, Jedi Mind Tricks – jam-packed, here are the latest reviews. Check out XXLMag.com for more.
- 12 Editorial
VS sets 'em straight.
- 16 Letters
Fans remember Tupac!
- 114 Doin’ Lines
Mack Maine does some.