Top 10 Reasons Why DJ Khaled Ran ’07
1-5 were told to us by the man himself repeatedly this year
1) He’s the best. Who? Not we, he.
2) He makes hit records.
3) He’s about unity and love.
4) He makes mo-vies.
5) He’s the best.
6-10 are my reasons
6) He started the single/ringtone as an entire mixtape movement. When Drama got knocked by the Feds and the mixtape game died, Khaled said fuck that and started putting all of the rappers that would normally appear on a mixtape on one whole song. See knockoffs like Drama’s “Feds Takin Pictures” and “5000 Ones,” and Felli Fel’s “Get Buck In Here”.
7) Miami> the rest of the United States
8) Sold more records on an indie label than most rappers signed to Def Scam, Wacklantic, Phony/BMG, and every other major.
9) He kept the stable of rappers he fucks with (Fat Joe, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Plies, Young Jeezy and every other rapper on the planet) out of jail. That other DJ, the one who just dropped an album and resides a bit to the North, not so successful. See: TI.
10) Pretty much told Young Buck to go fuck himself and got away with it, even prompting the G-Unit soldier boy to practically beg him to play his records. Khaled’s reaction? Pretty much told Young Buck to go fuck himself and got away with it.