Doin’ Lines With Yo Gotti
Yo Gotti fills in the blanks.
As told to Max Weinstein
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the Summer 2017 issue of of XXL Magazine, on stands now.
1. My favorite Memphis rap album is 8Ball & MJG’s Comin’ Out Hard.
2. Jay Z is the greatest rapper alive.
3. Donald Trump is bad for America.
4. Rihanna is my dream girl.
5. My summer goal is to buy a Bugatti.
6. I would never wear fake jewelry.
7. I need a massage therapist in the studio.
8. I need to work with Dr. Dre before I die.
9. Rap beef is lame.
10. Blac Youngsta doesn’t get enough props.
11. There’s nothing better than drop-tops in the summer.
12. I love driving my [Lamborghini] Aventador.
13.The worst part about the music industry is the fakeness.
14. If I could go back in time, I would have signed and helped a lot of artists that are out today.
15. No barbecue is complete without barbecue sauce and coleslaw.
16. The greatest rap beat of all time is DMX’s “What These Bitches Want.”
17. My label Collective Music Group is on fire.
18. Nobody knows I hate cats.
19. My biggest weakness is muscle cars.
20. My next album will be a classic.
Check out more from XXL’s Summer 2017 issue including the cover story with the 2017 XXL Freshman class, our interview with actor Demetrius Shipp Jr. and Ski Mask The Slump God's grind for self-made success.
See New Music Releases for August 2017