1 of 5
- Shyne Intro<h2>Shyne</h2>Signed to Bad Boy in the late 90s. Has released one album with the label, and has gone through a litany of legal issues with Diddy - including serving a 10-year sentence on a charge affiliated with a nightclub shooting alongside Diddy.
- ObamaCalls Obama "Corny"“Obama playin' games, he frontin.' He knows who I am, he knows what’s happenin’. He’s always talkin’ about he listens to hip-hop and his daughter listens to hip-hop. He knows who Shyne is, he knows I’m deported."<br /><br />"How can he be serious about stopping violence in inner cities and promoting education in inner cities and not using Shyne? Jews is powerful, man, so if he don't help the Jew out he ain't gonna be blessed. And he ain't doing the right thing. My voice is too powerful. He is he not using me as an instrument to speak to kids in south side of Chicago about the detriment of violence and the detriment of gang culture?”<br /><br />“I'd vote for Mitt Romney, <em>Even though Mitt Romney don't pay no tax, Mitt Romney don't pay no tax</em>." (via MTV News)
- Rick RossRick Ross is "Obsessed" With Him, Calls Him A Cornball"I ain't mad. It's just, I think he's corny. ... I have no respect for what he represents, for who he is, let's just start with that. <em>The Black Bar Mitzvah</em>, to me, you're on me, you're obsessed with everything Shyne. All of a sudden, you running with the Star of David and dudes is Jewish now all of a sudden? People got over [his past as a correctional officer]. I never got over that. If he was really moving all that weight and being a cop, they would've put him in the RICO a long time ago, because he's telling on himself. He's alright but he's not real! He's a cop! He's not real." (via MTV News)“[Rick Ross] is a straight cornball, and I been saying that for a minute now. And one thing about Shyne Po, Shyne Po is consistent. I always speak my mind. I just find it curious that when Shyne Po do his Judaism thing and I’m on my Israelite thing, dudes was taking shots and poking fun at that and now, fat boy is coming out with <em>Black Bar Mitzvah</em>. I have a lot of issues with him, but my most important issue is that to me, old boy is like Donnie Brasco. Dudes always say, he makes good music. It’s not about that. It’s about the integrity. Like blood, I have no problems with correctional officers. […] But if any of them CO’s would try to act like they was thugs or gangstas, I had no love for them because that’s not what they do. They civilians. So imagine Donnie Brasco, Sammy the Bull, coming out with an album talking about how gangster they are after they did what they did. My thing is, if you a cop, try to stay a cop.<br /><br />"<em>Black Bar Mitzvah</em> was just basically another example of his pathetic behavior. He sound like me, Diddy told me that he took my whole style." (via Hot 97's Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show)
- Diddy"He’s the ultimate creep, so creeps stick together. That’s why those two [Ross and Diddy] roll hard, because he’s the ultimate creep. Listen, I’m a gentleman. I try to have honor with everything that I do. So it’s not about Shyne being mad and Shyne hating. Proof of that is that I gave this creep the opportunity to redeem himself and correct the mistake that he knows that he made, that he’s expressed to me over and over again. But he’s a creep. He pretends to be sorry. Maybe he even wants to be sorry. But he’s so much of a creep, he just can’t find that part of himself. Like when he say God is great, I think he’s talking about himself. He thinks he’s God. He has no accountability." <br /><br />It wasn’t no make up. It was an opportunity, like I said. I reformed, I rehabilitated myself. Because if I was the old Shyne, a lot of these dudes wouldn’t be alive right now. My arm is long, I could touch them from Europe. But I’m retired, so I see things different. For me, when he reached out ot me and apologized, it was like, what can we do for young African-Americans and young Latin-Americans? How can we inspire them? How can I teach them something from the terrible example that I set for them by being a gang-banger, by being a gansgers? What can I do to fix that? I was looking for the opportunity to reconcile with old boy and do something with the babies. He didn’t keep his word for that. He not about that. He’s not about helping nobody but him. It’s about nobody but him." (via Hot 97's Cipha Sounds & Rosenberg Show)
- DrakeCalls Drake "Corny" and an "Actor from Canada""He's an actor from Canada. So he just studied Lil Wayne, studied Kanye... he studied them and he just acts like a street kid? These dudes couldn't exist in the Raekwon, Ghostface era. If B.I.G. and 'em was around and 'Pac, c'mon man, they'd have these dudes for lunch. That's my problem with this culture, you can say anything you want, you can promote anything you want and nobody's held accountable, and then they'll say that I'm hatin'. I would really prefer Drake to sing about girls and sing about being a good kid from Canada and whatever that entails." (via MTV News)