A Haunted House 2
Marlon Wayans, Jamie Pressly, Essence Atkins, Gabriel Iglesias, and Cedric the Entertainer
Rated R. It'll scare the #2 out of you.
XXL is offering you a chance to win advance screening passes to either New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles. Sign up here.
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 continental United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 continental United States or the District of Columbia.
2. How to Enter the "A Haunted House 2” Sweepstakes: go to Custom URL for Contest Page, and fill out the entry form to include your email address, first and last name, age and address where you live. All entries must be received between 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 18th, 2014 and 11:59 PM ET on May 1, 2014. Limit one entry per person, email, address or household. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage-due mail or entries. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 continental United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Harris Publications, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Open Road Films, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate families and household members, are not eligible. Void outside of the 48 continental United States and District of Columbia and where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. 4. Winner Selection: The winners will be selected on or about April 18th, 2014 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone on or about April 18th and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release so as to be received by Sponsor within 2 days of notification, unless prohibited by law. Winners subject to verification. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or winner does not execute and return the required affidavit and release so as to be received by Sponsor within 2 days of notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. Judges’ decisions in all matters relating to this promotion will be final and binding.
5. Grand Prize: 50 Winners in each of the 3 cities (1 Pair of tickets per winner) to an advance screening of the A HAUNTED HOUSE 2 in each market (NY, LA, Chicago) . Total approximate retail value: $_30/pair.
6. General Terms and Conditions: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By accepting prize, winner and their guests consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and biographical information, and all entry materials, for advertising and commercial purposes without further compensation or consent, unless prohibited by law. Entrants release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Open Road Films, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, from any and all claims or damages, including personal injury and/or death or property damage, arising out of winner and their travel guest’s participation in the Sweepstakes and winner and their travel guest’s acceptance and use and/or misuse of the prize awarded, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software, program or server failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; or lost, late, illegible, corrupted, misdirected, or incomplete entries. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an entrant, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any attempt to damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made by any participating individual and seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for corrupted entries or technical or human errors or omissions of any kind relating to the submission or processing or entries. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts of affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In no event will Sponsor or Open Road Films, or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, arising out of entrants’ access to use of the website or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site, or any other web site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
7. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, Venue: These Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with New York law without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Participants agree that the state and federal courts located in New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or relating to these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes or participants' entry and/or participation in the Sweepstakes, and participants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue thereof.
8. Severability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
9. Winners List: The name of the winners will be available after April 18, 2014 but before May 1st, 2014. For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to A Haunted House 2: Advance Screening Passes ℅ XXL Magazine, Harris Publications, 1115 Broadway, 8th floor, New York, NY 10010.
Sponsor: Harris Publications, Inc. 1115 Broadway, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010.