Doin’ Lines With Young Dolph
Young Dolph fills in the blanks.
As told to Sidney Madden
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the Winter 2016 issue of of XXL Magazine, on stands now.
1. If a girl can make money, she’s a keeper.
2. One artist I need to work with before I die is Jay Z.
3. My favorite album of all time is The Blueprint by Jay Z.
4. The future of America is in God’s hands.
5. My three favorite new artists are Jay Fizzle, Bino [Brown] and 21 Savage.
6. The best producer I’ve ever worked with is DJ Squeak.
7. Shawty Lo is a legend.
8. Gucci Mane getting out of jail means real trap music back.
9. Beefing on social media is extra lame.
10. My son is my biggest inspiration.
11. Losing a bag with $150,000 at an airport is the wildest thing I’ve ever done.
12. Rappers need to stop lying.
13. The worst fashion trend is fake jewelry.
14. Being a rich crack baby means that if you rich then you would be dope forever.
15. My movie character alter ego is Money Mike.
16. Whatever you do, don’t go looking for love in the strip club.
17. Donald Trump sucks.
18. The thing I hate most is average weed.
19. The worst thing about touring is being away from your family.
20. My New Year’s resolution is to put more money in everybody’s pocket.
Check out more from XXL’s Winter 2016 issue including our Travis Scott cover story interview, Lin-Manuel Miranda's success with the hip-hop musical Hamilton, Eye Candy The Real Chela's Way, Wyclef Jean's letter to President Obama, Show & Prove with Rob $tone, Playboi Carti, 18 buzzing artists share the music that changed their life, 10 of President Obama and First Lady Michelle's best hip-hop moments , our interview with DeJ Loaf and more.
See Exclusive Photos From Travis Scott's XXL Winter 2016 Cover Shoot