8 Things We Learned About Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 2 NYFW Show
Earlier today, Kanye West revealed to the world his much anticipated Yeezy Season 2 collection at the Skylight Modern facility in New York City.
The fashion show, which was announced over the weekend by Kanye, featured some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment, and was streamed all over the world at select movie theaters. With the show kicking off a little after 12:30PM, the Yeezy Season 2 collection featured a lot of the aesthetics form Kanye’s first collection, mixed with new colorways and a military inspiration.
With the show lasting roughly 15 minutes, XXL got a chance to check out the live stream of the Yeezy Season 2 NYFW show, and here are the 8 you should know about Kanye’s Yeezy Season 2 NYFW show.
1. Kanye’s second season fashion show counted with a long list of celebrities that included the likes of - Drake, Anna Wintour, Riccardo Tisci, Lorde, Vic Mensa, Fabolous, Post Malone, A-Trak, Kim Kardashian, Miguel, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Common, Michael Strahan, Lorde, Jaden Smith, Kendall Jenner, Tyga and Seth Meyers, Courtney Love and Michael Stripe.
2. Kanye’s second season collection finds inspiration in military garments and colorways. Marching to to a traditional military cadence, the models featured in Ye’s fashion show walked to the beat of a recurring character.
3. Besides having a star-studded list of guests, Kanye has some family faces as models. Kylie Jenner, Ian Connor and Luke Sabbat.
4. Focusing on lighter colorways, Kanye’s second season collection featured a lot of garments in beige, military green, beige, pink nude, brown and black.
5. The pieces from the second season collection featured similar aesthetics as Kanye’s first season drop, but included way more extended and baggier garments.
6. The collection features a lot more footwear for both, men and women, and ranges from women’s heels and boots to dessert boots for men.
7. Kanye West closed out his Yeezy Season 2 fashion show by walking in between the models sporting a pair of unreleased Yeezy Boost 350’s and black attire.
8. Similar to the unveiling of his first collection, Kanye West debuted a new track towards the end of the show that is titled “Fade” and features Post malone and Ty Dolla $ign.
Shot by Belle Trovato - @belletrov and Amath Magnan - @amathmagnan