Rick Ross Talks BET Lifting Ban of “Hold Me Back” Video and Tour Bus Being Vandalized
In heavy promotion mode of his newly-released, God Forgives, I Don’t album, Rick Ross stopped by Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club today (August 1).
There, Rozay spoke about a number of hot-button topics, including BET recently lifting the ban of his “Hold Me Back” video and the story behind his tour bus being vandalized in Detroit earlier this month.
About “Hold Me Back,” the Bawse confirmed rumors of his gritty, New Orleans-shot “Hold Me Back” clip being banned by BET, but shared that the censoring was lifted after he and the network’s president Stephen Hill spoke.
“Shout out to Stephen Hill,” Rozay said. “Homie done showed me love over the past five, six years. I seen him yesterday, we had a conversation and he gave it the green light.”
When The Breakfast Club inquired as to why the video was banned in the first place, Ross only offered:
“Just based of the content of the record, not so much the visuals, and I respected that. But we worked it out, super, super clean BET edit.”
From there, the conversation shifted to a number of different topics, including the recent news of his tour bus being robbed in Detroit.
Rozay spoke about that as well.
“The window was broken, they broke into the bus, they took my X-Box, my Call of Duty [video game], and they ate my leftover Chick-Fil-A,” he said with a grin.
“Forget the X-Box, but the Chick-Fil-A, bruh?” Breakfast Club personality Charlamagne Tha God shot back, spawning a side conversation about the popular eatery, before getting back to the topic at hand.
“But anyway, it was broken into, they took the X-Box, took the little grub,” Ross continued. “Found out it was a homeless man. Yeah, it was a homeless dude. God Forgives, I Don’t, but I forgave him.”
Rozay also denied media reports of his jewelry also being seized in the incident.—Jakinder Singh