Happy Birthday Ol’ Dirty Bastard – 36 Reasons Why We Miss Ason Unique
SENSE OF HUMOR
1. Just listen to the intro to “Goin Down“ off Dirt Dog’s debut and try not to laugh. “Remember when you used to say who could do this the longest?”
2. “Dog Shit,” ODB’s solo track from WTC’s second album, Wu-Tang Forever, is chock full of hilarious lines aimed at the rapper’s female admirers, that we’re not allowed to print. McGirt’s potty mouth can give anyone a case of the giggles, reminiscent of a sixth grader in a porno shop.
3. It was only right. Hip-hop’s clown prince met with the Insane Clown posse in 1999 for this absurd track entitled “Bitches.” You guessed it, ICP plus ODB equals hi-lar-ity.
4. Remember Dirty’s guest appearance on The Alkaholics “Hip Hop Drunkies?” We think he might have been a lil tipsy recording this one. Try not to fall off your seat.
5. Paying homage to the classic 1975 film Dolemite, Dirt Dog dressed up like the pimp in the video for his 1999 hit single, “Got Your Money.” Still gets us every time.
6. ODB has done a handful of hilarious covers in his life, like Rick James’ “Cold Blooded” and Billie Holiday’s “Good Morning Heartache,” but it was his rendition of Elton John’s “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” with Macy Gray that really tickled listeners’ funny bones. As soon as Dirty begins his off key onslaught, it’s a wrap.