Kid Cudi has finally apologized to Michael Sharpe, a Canandian fan that the Cleveland rapper attacked last December during a concert in Vancouver.
As previously reported, the incident occurred during Cudder’s set at the Commodore Ballroom on December 12, 2009. In a YouTube clip of the assault, viewers can see Cudi leaping from the stage and striking a man in the crowd, after a wallet was thrown at him.
Sharpe, recently spoke to tmz.com, and told the gossip site that Cudi phoned him and blamed the punch on his alcohol consumption. Sharpe also said that the Kanye protégé offered to fly him out to New York for an all-expenses paid weekend.
Cudi, who is currently gearing up for the premiere of his new HBO series How to Make it in America, which airs this Sunday on the network, has yet to comment on the claims. —Elan Mancini