Update: Fatal Amount of OxyContin Found in DJ AM’s Stomach
Five days after DJ AM was found dead in his Manhattan apartment, authorities investigating the case have revealed that the celebrity spinmaster was found with an excessive amount of undigested painkillers in his stomach.
According to People magazine, AM, born Adam Goldstein, 36, had swallowed eight OxyContin pills, a dangerously powerful painkiller. Another OxyContin pill was also found in the DJ’s mouth, as it seems he lost consciousness before he was able to swallow it.
Despite the new discovery, which leads many to believe the DJ’s death to be an apparent suicide, official autopsy results have yet to be determined.
As previously reported, a crack pipe and a near-empty bag of crack were found in AM’s bedroom as well. A source told People that Goldstein— a recovering drug addict, who was sober for the last 11 years—”smoked a lot of crack, barricaded the doors and killed himself.”
Reports speculate that AM was distraught over a break-up with his ex-girlfriend, fashion model Haley Wood. Cops found a recent Valentine’s Day card from Wood in his living room.
A private memorial for the DJ is scheduled for Thursday (September 3) at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, according to MTV News. –Elan Mancini