In an upcoming interview with G-Unit honcho and current XXL magazine cover boy 50 Cent, the rapper finally opens up about the fire that burnt down the Long Island residence that housed his baby mother Shaniqua Tompkins and their son Marquise.
As XXLmag.com previously reported, the multi-million dollar mansion, which was at the center of a litigation between 50 and his ex, was suspiciously set ablaze back in May. After the incident 50, who tried to get Tompkins evicted from the $1.4 million property, denied having anything to do with the fire that destroyed the house and sent his son and Tompkins to the hospital. “Any suggestion that Mr. Jackson had anything whatsoever to do with the fire at his home is outrageous and offensive,” Fif;s attorney Brett Kimmel said in a prior statement.
Now, in an interview scheduled to be air on TV One’s “All Access Hollywood” on Sunday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. EST, Fif tells correspondent Quddos, Tompkins was ordered to leave the house just days before the incident.
“The courts told her she had to leave,” he said of Tompkins. “It’s kind of more like, ‘If I can’t have you, you can’t have it.’”
When asked if he thinks that means that she was responsible for ravaging the house 50 said, “Well, I don’t want to say that… don’t try to make me say something I don’t want to say. But the circumstances to it might seem that way.”
No one has been charged in the incident as of yet but 50 said he assumes the investigation is still pending.
In related news, while 50 and Tompkins have both filed restraining orders against one another, an agreement has been reached in custody over their son with 50 being awarded monthly visitation rights. – Jesse Gissen