Anik Khan Reflects on His Life for New Song “Kites”
Muslim-born Queens artist Anik Khan drops the title track off his upcoming Kites project that comes out next Friday, April 28. On "Kites" Anik gets introspective as he raps about his life and the past struggles he's been through. The record is produced by Jarreau Vandal, Raj Makhija and Anik.
"I'm not used to you if I fall down/I cant feel the wind beneath me/It's on you to keep believing/Something needs to give right now/Or this is ain't working out," he raps.
“I remember being super down one night, but I still had to head to the studio to finish mixing," Anik told Zane Lowe on Beats 1. "Instead, we ended up working on this song. I recorded a lot of this record lying down and forgetting anyone was around. ‘Kites’ is about feeling lost but also finding yourself. It’s about holding on by a thread but also realizing the people steering the kite are the most important. Regardless, if I stay flying high up or end up falling to the ground, they’re there guiding me throughout it all."
Listen to "Kites" below and peep the tracklist for his project dropping next week.
Anik Khan's Kites Tracklist
1. "Cleopatra" (prod. Melo-X & Anik Khan)
2. "Tides" (prod. aywy, Raj Makhija & Anik Khan)
3. "Habibi" (prod. aywy & Anik Khan)
4. "Mango Nectar" (prod. aywy, Don Knock, Raj Makhija, & Anik Khan)
5. "Brent's Interlude"
6. "Kites" (prod. Jarreau Vandal, Raj Makhija, & Anik Khan)
7. "Tangerine" f/Yonkwi (prod. Yonkwi & Anik Khan)
8. "Don't Behave" (prod. Branko)
9. "Sunlight" featuring Luna (prod. Jarreau Vandal & Anik Khan)
10. "Columbus" (prod. See.Francis & Anik Khan)
Here Are 19 Rappers Going Platinum in 2017