Kxng Crooked Drops ‘Good Vs. Evil 2: The Red Empire’ Album Cover, Tracklist
Kxng Crooked is back. Recently, the Slaughterhouse lyricist unveiled the cover and release date for his Good Vs. Evil 2: The Red Empire album, the sequel to last year's Good Vs. Evil. He's dropped off a new song with Royce Da 5'9," too.
The new effort stands at 14 tracks, and based on the song titles and the album cover, it will find Crooked taking on societal ills of all kinds. The second song on the project is called, "The MAGA Continues." If you haven't been keeping score, "MAGA" stands for make America great again, which was the campaign slogan for President Trump.
The cover for Crooked's latest effort finds an illustration of what appears to be Trump kneeling before a committee of people like Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin and Bin Laden. There's also a demonic-seeming hooded figure.
“When I first started creating Good Vs Evil I wondered how I would get my audience to listen to a project covering social injustice, racism, classism etc. in a climate where most rappers are making music about poppin' Xanax and drinking lean,” says Crooked. “My immediate afterthought was who gives a fuck what other artists are doing, hip-hop needs this album! Look at the world today. We have a president whose ex-wife is on record saying she was raped by him. We have police officers who are on film killing unarmed citizens with no consequences. We have entire cities like Flint, Mich. drinking poisonous water. Good Vs Evil 2 is just as necessary as part one. From the production to the content to the music sequencing to the artwork everything is designed to provoke thought. And the shit slaps too!”
On the Royce Da 5'9"-assisted track, "Truth (Why You Mad)," Crooked spits about the evils of consumerism. His rhyme schemes are impeccable.
"The hood is moving different than you envisioned, consumerism's the new religion/ it's fewer Christians and fewer bishops reading them Jewish scriptures/A slew of bitches with shoe addictions/and niggas who truly risking it all for the coupé, if the roof is missing, on a foolish mission," he spits.
Good Vs Evil 2: The Red Empire drops on Dec. 8, and you can pre-order it on iTunes now. Listen to "Truth (Why You Mad)" via SoundCloud below.
Good Vs. Evil 2: The Red Empire
1. "Wake Up Show Intro" Feat. Sway & King Tech
2. "The MAGA Continues" (Prod. by Lavish)
3. "Red Hood's Plot (Hahahaha)" (Prod. by Lavish)
4. "GiveUDatHammer" (Prod. by Aktive)
5. "Revolution Come" Feat. Jai (Prod. by Snaz)
6. "Truth (Why You Mad)" Feat. Royce 5'9” (Prod. by C-Wash)
7. "Shoot Back 2 (Dear Officer)" (Prod. by Jay Wash)
8. "Adderall Addicts" (Prod. by C-Wash)
9. "Cowboy Bebop" (Prod. by Illeagle)
10. "Thug Poetry" Feat. Jay Townsend (Produced By Snaz)
11. "City Lights" (Prod. by ENG)
12. "Brainwashed Ni666a" (Prod. by Audio Jones)
13. "Stand" Feat. Styles P & Emanny (Prod. by Lavish)
14. "Mace Windu" (Prod. by MR Authentic)
See 16 Hip-Hop Albums With the Shortest Rollouts Over the Years