Soulja Boy Pulls Out Of Boxing Match Against Gillie Da Kid

After throwing a whole lotta verbal shots at Gillie Da Kid, Soulja Boy has pulled out of the scheduled Vegas boxing match against the Philly MC. According to a press release from Celebrity Boxing, Soulja Boy has been replaced by George “Tailormade” Weisgerber from the VH1 reality TV show, I Love NY.
Weisgerber has said that he will do the match for free and donate any proceeds towards the Hands Up Guns Down Foundation, which was founded by Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Robert Coles. “I want no money for this,” says Weisgerber. “I am a friend and fan of Soulja Boy and I think Gillie Da Kid has taken this too far. I love boxing and I would love to KO. I’m for Soulja Boy. I am bigger than Gilie in the hip-hop community anyway since I won the VH1 show.”
“[I am] very disappointed that Soulja Boy talked a great game but didn’t step up to the plate,” says Celebrity Boxing CEO Damon Feldman.
The fight will now take place Friday, Oct. 17 in a to be determined Philadelphia location.
Previously: Gillie Da Kid Challenges Soulja Boy To Fight For $1 Million
Best of XXL
XXXTentacion Showcases a Different Style on New Song “Garette’s Revenge”
Top 5 Sneakers Coming Out This Weekend Including Nike Air Foamposite One Metallic Red, Air Jordan 13 Low Pure Platinum and More
Busta Rhymes’ ‘Extinction Level Event,’ Cousin Stizz’s ‘Suffolk County’ to Drop on Limited Edition Vinyl

Leave a Comment