Trey Songz’ ‘Trigga’ Stays In The Top 5 In This Week’s Album Sales (07/16/2014)
While Sia's 1000 Forms Of Fear tops the Billboard 200 this week, Trey Songz still maintains a high position after releasing his fifth studio LP. Trigga sold 34,000 copies, which moved him down four spots from his No. 1 debut last week. Fueled by big songs like "Na Na" and "Cake," Trey will likely stay in this sweet spot for weeks to come.
Other notable releases include Mike Stud's Closer, which was released independently and sold over 14,000 copies. The LP landed at No. 14 - just shy of the top 10. A noticeable dip is G-Eazy's These Things Happen that debuted strong, but is now at No. 43 with 6,000 copies sold. Ab-Soul's These Days... is also absent on the charts.
Here's the breakdown of hip-hop and relevant releases this week.
1. Sia, 100 Forms Of Fear, 52,165
5. Trey Songz, Trigga, 33,490
10. Various Artists, Now 50, 19,434
14. Mike Stud, Closer, 14,877
17. Iggy Azalea, The New Classic, 13,711
18. Michael Jackson, Xscape, 13,189
29. John Legend, Love In The Future, 9,320
30. Pharrell, G I R L, 8,961
43. G-Eazy, These Things Happen, 6,207
44. August Alsina, Testimony, 5,832