Trey Songz’ ‘Trigga’ Debuts At No. 1 In This Week’s Album Sales (07/09/2014)
Trey Songz does it again. On the Billboard 200, the R&B crooner holds the No. 1 spot as Trigga debuts with 105,000 copies.
Songz last album, 2012's Chapter V, opened at No. 1 with 135,000 copies sold in its first week. Elsewhere, Robin Thicke's Paula debuted at No. 9 with only 24,000 units sold. It's a much lower slot than 2013's Blurred Lines, which was a top-selling effort that moved 177,000 copies off the strength of his unescapable single.
Other notable release numbers include Iggy Azalea's The New Classic, August Alsina's Testimony, and G-Eazy's These Things Happen. Here's our breakdown of the hip-hop albums and other relevant projects this week.
1. Trey Songz, Trigga, 102,966
8. Lana Del Rey, Ultraviolence, 24,371
9. Robin Thicke, Paula, 22,998
17. Iggy Azalea, The New Classic, 15,365
21. Michael Jackson, Xscape, 12,959
23. August Alsina, Testimony, 12,195
30. Pharrell, G I R L, 9,098
31. G-Eazy, These Things Happen, 9,064
39. John Legend, Love In The Future, 6,884
45. 50 Cent, Animal Ambition, 6,086
49. Eminem, Marshall Mathers LP 2, 5,566