Jennifer Lopez’s ‘AKA’ Cracks The Top 10 In This Week’s Album Sales (6/25/2014)
In the world outside of hip-hop, Lana Del Rey has scored big. The singer-songwriter landed her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with Ultraviolence. Released on June 17, it sold 182,000 copies in her best sales week thus far. Elsewhere, Jennifer Lopez’s return to music was welcomed with open arms, as she debuted at No. 6 with her latest effort, A.K.A. She sold over 33,000 copies.
Other notable numbers are Iggy Azalea’s The New Classic, which fell to No. 18, and Pharrell’s G I R L that moved down to No. 30 with 8,000 copies. Lastly, 50 Cent’s Animal Ambition hasn’t seen the high numbers of his early days. This time around, Fif moved a steady 7,800 copies that keeps him in the Top 50.
Here’s our breakdown of the hip-hop releases, as well as any relevant LPs.
1. Lana Del Rey, Ultraviolence, 181,622
6. Jennifer Lopez, A.K.A., 33,815
11. Various Artists, Now 50, 25,902
17. Michael Jackson, Xscape, 15,659
18. Iggy Azalea, The New Classic, 14,007
30. Pharrell, G I R L, 8,182
32. 50 Cent, Animal Ambition: An Untamed Desire To Win, 7,812
42. Mariah Carey, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse, 5,699
49. Eminem, Marshall Mathers LP 2, 5,086