- dmx_20$1.23 MillionAt one point DMX owed over $1 million in back pay child support. X had neglected to pay the monthly installments for nearly 10 years, leaving the payments to just rack up. X finally spoke on the matter, "Yes I am [behind in child support]", DMX told Dr. Phil. "The reason being, at the time I was making $13 million a year. So if I’m making $13 million a year then I can pay that. I haven’t made that in about 10 years so of course I’m behind in payments. But the children are taken care of."
- juvenile_10$160KAfter falling behind $160K in child support Juvenile started to question the paternity of his 13-year-old son. After being active in the child's life for 13 years, the rapper filed court docs in Louisiana stating that he never established paternity when his son was born and didn't sign the birth certificate at the time.
- scarface$123KScarface sat in jail from October 2010 to August 2011after failing to cough up $123K in child support. Scarface spoke on the matter stating, "In the system, when your kids get grown and you pay all this money direct and it's time for the money to stop being issued out, they gonna want to appeal because there ain't no more money coming in no more," he said to "RapFix" host Sway. "So they may go and say you ain't pay nothing, so that how it go."
- FlavorFlav$111KFlavor Flav nearly went to jail after falling behind in child support payments totaling up to $111,186. The rap icon ended cutting a check for $25K, avoiding jail time. However, Flav now has to pay an additional $1,200 on top of his already existing payment until he has cleared the debt. Flav spoke on the matter stating, "No matter what in the media, I am a good father to all 7 of my children. I'll never let my family do without!"
- Boosie$80KPrior to his actual release, the internet erupted with false reports that Lil Boosie was freed then immediately locked back up due to $80K in back child support. With Lil Boosie freed in March, let's hope he handles his debt prior to an arrest.
- russell_simmons_lead$40KIn February 2009, after splitting with ex-wife Kimora Lee Simmons,the mogul agreed to pay $40K per month in child support for daughters Ming and Aoki. The payments will continue until the girls are 19.
- nas_4$51KIn December 2009, after splitting with ex-wife Kelis, Nas was ordered to pay $51K in child suppory per month.
It seems a story surfaces nearly every day in hip-hop that pertains to a child support case. From DMX owing $1 million to Juvenile questioning his 13-year-old son’s paternity after racking up $160K in back pay, rappers have not had the most luck when it comes to monetary settlements with baby mamas. Gathering the many that owe and the few that actually cough up tens of thousands every month, check out “Rappers Who Have Had To Pay The Most In Child Support.”