Eminem’s ‘The Marshall Mathers LP 2′ Goes Double Platinum In This Week’s Album Sales (3-19-2014)
Eminem’s latest album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2, is officially double platinum. Em’s LP sold 13,000 copies this week, which allowed him to cross the two million mark. This is the 7th album for Em that has reached the milestone.
What claims the No. 1 spot this week is the Frozen soundtrack. The Disney album reaches it again by selling 99,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Elsewhere, Rick Ross’ Mastermind slips to No. 3 with 49,000 copies sold.
While Pharell’s G I R L dips to No. 4, Young Money’s compilation album enters the charts at No. 7. Rise Of An Empire sold approximately 31,000 copies despite minimal promotion. Here’s a breakdown of hip-hop albums and relevant projects from last week.
1. Disney, Frozen 96,590
3. Rick Ross, Masermind 45,585
4. Pharrell Williams, G I R L 43,809
7. Young Money, Rise Of An Empire 31,047
12. Beyonce, Beyonce 21,941
15. ScHoolboy Q, Oxymoron 15,736
21. Eminem, Marshall Mathers LP 2 13,063
33. Jhene Aiko, Sail Out EP 9,142
37. Drake, Nothing Was The Same 8,448
45. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d City 6,841