1 of 6
- kanye-leather-hoodieThis year has indeed be one of ups and downs for Kanye West and he has a long list of lawsuits to prove it. From fighting with the paparazzi to protecting his soon-to-be wife at all costs, Kanye is in law troubles up to his neck. Along with the many suits served to the rapper, Yeezy has also served up a few of his own, ranging from unauthorized releases to copyright infringement. As the troubles from 2013 are certainly trailing into the New Year along with the addition of a few more, check out "Kanye's Law Troubles Over The Past Year."
- kanye-umbrella<strong>July 2013</strong>Last summer, Yeezy got into a heated incident at LAX with the paparazzi. The photographer, photographer Daniel Ramos then hit West with a lawsuit citing misdemeanor battery and attempted grand theft. Kanye West pleaded not guilty but could potentially face up to 1 year in prison.
- o-KIM-KARDASHIAN-KANYE-WEST-MTV-EUROPE-MUSIC-AWARDS-570Without consent from Kim or Kanye, a video of Kanye West and Kim K’s proposal at San Francisco’s AT&T Park hit the internet. The couple is now suing Chad Hurley, co-founder of YouTube who was not invited to the engagement but was allowed to stay after he signed confidentiality agreement which he failed to uphold.
- Bound-2Kanye West is also facing a lawsuit over the sample he used for “Bound 2″ featuring Charlie Wilson. Ricky Spicer, a former lead singer of the 1970s group The Ponderosa Twins Plus 1, filed the lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court alleging that Kanye used his vocals without consent. The suit states, “Mr. Spicer’s voice is sampled exactly as he recorded it and his voice… is heard several times.” The former lead is requesting that West pay up or completely remove the vocals. Roc-A-Fella Records, Universal Music Group, Island Def-Jam Music and Rhino Entertainment are also named in the lawsuit.
- coinye-640x468<strong>January 2014</strong>Merely days after a newly emerging form of cryptocurrency, Coinye West was announced, Kanye put his legal team to action. Sending the cryptocurrency company a cease and desist letter along with filing a trademark infringement lawsuit in a federal court in New York, The company had to officially close it's doors indefinitely.
- KanyeKIm<strong>January 2014</strong>After Kanye pounced on a man, punching him dead in the face, after the guy verbally assaulted his fiancée Kim Kardashian, calling her a slut and a “n*gger lover,” Kanye is now a suspect in yet another criminal battery investigation.