Blank on Blank takes journalists’ saved interviews with iconic figures that few people ever got to hear and animates the interview. Pretty cool stuff. Their animated interview series is “produced in collaboration with PBS Digital Studios.” For the latest installment, Blank on Blank takes Benjamin Svetkey March 1994 interview with the late great Tupac Shakur and turns it into a 5 minute masterpiece.
Some choice quotes:
- “If I was white I would have been like John Wayne”
- “I feel like a tragic hero in a Shakespeare play”
- “I believe that God wants me to do something and it has to do with Thug Life”
- “I mean I’m used on every level. I have no friends. I have no resting place. I never sleep. I can never close my eyes. It’s horrible.”
- ”I can not live in a jail cell. That’s why I don’t rob people and stick up people. … I would die in jail. And that’s what they want. They want me to go through that. Then come out. I’m already dead. No creativity. I’m finished.”
Watch the video above.
[via Blank on Blank]