Blu and Nottz are keeping busy.
On October 22, the former XXL Freshman and the Norfolk, VA producer (sometimes rapper) is teaming up for Gods In The Spirit. The six-track EP gathers hip-hop’s lyrical heavy-hitters who help keep storytelling alive. Rappers like Nitty Scott, MC, ScienZe, Homeboy Sandman and more go head-to-head with Blu.
The artwork was released earlier this evening. Designer SKAM2?, who is best known for designing A Tribe Called Quest’s Beats, Rhymes And Life LP, reinterprets the idea of clashing hip-hop’s best into one disc. He says of the artwork, “Blu had the idea of reinterpreting this renaissance painting. So I pretty much stuck to the script and kept the same basic layout. I made the subjects darker, changed the bird to gold and made the background a stormy night sky instead of day, just to keep going in an opposite direction and make it a little more dramatic. It’s like a Hip-Hop Clash Of The Titans.”
Peep the artwork above. Look for the EP in a few weeks.
01. Boyz II Men (feat. Nitty Scott, MC)
02. Creme of the Crop (feat. Versis & ScienZe)
03. Crooks in Castles (feat. ANTHM, Homeboy Sandman, Sene & Johaz)
04. End of the World (feat. Rashad)
05. God Shit (feat. Aloe Blacc, Co$$ & Definite Mass)
06. End of the World (feat. Nottz) [Remix]