Here’s Blu & Nottz’ Artwork For Their Collaborative EP
Blu and Nottz are keeping busy.
On October 22, the former XXL Freshman and the Norfolk, VA producer (sometimes rapper) is teaming up for Gods In The Spirit. The six-track EP gathers hip-hop’s lyrical heavy-hitters who help keep storytelling alive. Rappers like Nitty Scott, MC, ScienZe, Homeboy Sandman and more go head-to-head with Blu.
The artwork was released earlier this evening. Designer SKAM2?, who is best known for designing A Tribe Called Quest’s Beats, Rhymes And Life LP, reinterprets the idea of clashing hip-hop's best into one disc. He says of the artwork, “Blu had the idea of reinterpreting this renaissance painting. So I pretty much stuck to the script and kept the same basic layout. I made the subjects darker, changed the bird to gold and made the background a stormy night sky instead of day, just to keep going in an opposite direction and make it a little more dramatic. It's like a Hip-Hop Clash Of The Titans."
Peep the artwork above. Look for the EP in a few weeks.
01. Boyz II Men (feat. Nitty Scott, MC)
02. Creme of the Crop (feat. Versis & ScienZe)
03. Crooks in Castles (feat. ANTHM, Homeboy Sandman, Sene & Johaz)
04. End of the World (feat. Rashad)
05. God Shit (feat. Aloe Blacc, Co$$ & Definite Mass)
06. End of the World (feat. Nottz) [Remix]