- 100119_XXL_JayRock_0139 copyJay RockThe first Black Hippy member to ever be featured on the list is straight outta Watts, CA.
- #Ghostface - Featured
- s_1_2webStyles P has been claiming he’s the hardest out for some time now, and the Yonkers MC has been putting in the work and rhymes to back up that belief. With his latest project, out today, he pulls no punches, as he lets fans and fellow rappers know what it is right in the title: <em>The World’s Most Hardest MC Project</em>. On the album’s “Intro,” the Lox member posits, “I don’t always disintegrate rappers, but when I do, I prefer hard bars.” We prefer them, too. Here are The 20 Hardest Lines on Styles P’s The World’s Most Hardest MC Project.
- waka_flocka_50Waka Flocka Flame"You know I fuck with Flocka cause he’s a crazy motherfucker."
- *Meek Mill “Ima Boss,” <em>MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1</em> (2011)<br />2. Meek Mill “Ima Boss,” <em>MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1</em> (2011)<br /><strong>Official Release Date:</strong> May 23, 2011<br />“Ima Boss” was arguably the biggest song of the summer in 2011 andmade many top ten singles list the same year. The standout track,produced by Jahil Beats, appeared on the Maybach Music Groupcompilation release, <em>MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1</em>. The remix features Lil Wayne,Birdman, Fabolous, T.I. and Swizz Beatz.<object width="620" height="25"><param name="movie"value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1cxP2nCBdU?version=3&hl=en_US"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V1cxP2nCBdU?version=3&hl=en_US"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="620" height="25"allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"/></object>
- slimthug-799895"White women treat they man like a king and Black women feel like they ain’t gotta do that shit. Black women need to stand by their man more."—Slim Thug, Vibe (2010)
Throughout hip-hop history, there has been a lot of trends and fads—the Shiny suit, “Molly” rap—mostly occupying a period where these are the things you must do to be deemed “cool.” The one thing that has stood the test of time is rappers’ ability to strike awkward poses on camera. Sometimes people just don’t know what to do in front of the camera at photo shoots, on music video, and album cover. So they master the five fine arts of poses that every rhyme slinger must know.
Now, XXL decided to highlight a day for each of the five most signature poses in hip-hop artists doing. Today we highlight The Forearms.