All I Need
Check out what Riggs Morales, VP of A&R and Artist Development at Atlantic Records, carries inside his Filson Rugged Twill Messenger Bag.
Images Tom Medvedich
Editor’s Note: This story originally appeared in the July/August 2013 issue of XXL Magazine.
1. mophie battery charger—I got the battery charger just in case, to buy a couple hours in the event that things are starting to die down. Once it’s like at that 10 percent, boom, I just patch that on there.
2. The Apple iPhone 4, I find just as efficient as the 5. It’s not as light and sexy, but it gets the job done. Unlike 5ers,
I can actually recharge in a lot of places.
3. Filson Rugged Twill Messenger Bag—It’s really difficult to find the right bag. It took me almost two years to find the right bag. I find that this bag right here is essential for whenever I got to go urban night or if I got to go semi-corporate. That’s the one bag. Filson does a really good job with just mixing both.
4. Apple MacBook Pro—That’s the ammo. All my music ammo is in there, at least until I get the iCloud up and running.
5. The Sandqvist Laptop Case is in the event that I need to leave the bag behind but still need to keep a couple of things to take along with me just in case. I can go ahead and split them up, and the computer stays while the case goes with me.
6. Bose in-ear headphones—I find that headphones shouldn’t be sexy—they should be official. And I find that no headphone company does it for me like Bose does. I’m a big fan of Bose products in this regard. When it comes to music, you need earphones. I’m always on the run, so those are the headphones that I prefer to use.
7. Nook Simple Touch—Only reason I got the Nook was because someone gave me a $100 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. They know I like to read. Now I’m just not going to buy $100 worth of books in this day and age. So, I bought the Nook, and it’s official. I got the black-and-white one because that’s how I like my books.
8. Duane Reade pocket tissue—It’s allergy season, and you don’t want to go into a meeting with crusty boogies coming out of your nose right beforehand. So that’s just in case [that happens].
9. Ray-Ban sunglasses—Springtime is here, and summertime is coming. I’m sensitive to sunlight, so I just got me a nice pair of [shades].
10. The yellow flip notepad is just to scribble down ideas right on the whim.
11. The blue stencil notepad, that’s for like my plans for the week. That’s an extension of that yellow notepad.