It looks like a grueling six days for Lil Wayne has finally come to an end. According to a late night tweet by YMCMB president Mack Maine, Wayne was released from the Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles. “Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!!” Maine tweeted. “[Wayne] has been officially been released and is headed home …. God is great.”
Lil Wayne has been hospitalized for suffering from a series of seizure-like symptoms, possibly related to codeine overdose, as TMZ previously reported. Birdman cleared the rumors in a recent interview with Hot 97’s Angie Martinez, where he says the seizures stemmed from Wayne working too hard.
While rumors swirled about the rapper’s condition, Wayne tweeted last Friday (March 15), “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love,” a few hours after entering the hospital. The following days, his closest friends, including Chris Paul, Drake, Nicki Minaj and more visited Wayne in the hospital.
Yesterday, Nibletz.com founder Kyle Sandler alleged that Wayne’s tweet from last Friday did not originate from Cedars-Sinai hospital.
XXL released an interview yesterday (March 18) with someone we believed to be Mack Maine, who said that Wayne probably was not the one who sent the tweet out to fans on Friday night. Mack Maine denied on Twitter that he did the interview and confirmed with XXL that the number was two years old. XXL apologizes to Mack for the confusion.