1 of 7
- #Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 11.48.26 AM
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 11.40.18 AMHappy Friday marks! This weekend brings WWE’s 26th annual Survivor Series and there are some matches with major implications on the card. For this year’s Summer Slam we linked with Smoke DZA to get his predictions, and this time around we caught up with Hot 97’s Peter Rosenberg, another long time wrestling fan, to pick his brain. Check out what Rosenberg thinks about Sunday night’s main event, CM Punk vs. Ryback vs. John Cena, as well as the rest of the card. — <i>Neil Martinez-Belkin</i> (<a href="https://twitter.com/Neil_MB">@Neil_MB</a>)
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 11.43.47 AMEve Torres (c) vs. Kaitlyn for the Divas Championship"I’m interested in Divas generally but the way they bounce around that title sucks. I think Eve’s super talented and it’s a bummer that they’ve stretched out Raw to three hours and still there’s no more time to grow the Diva characters. So my heart would tell me that Eve should keep having the title so the No. 1 Diva has a title, but the way that they flip flop that title, I wouldn’t be surprised if Kaitlin goes over. I would expect that actually."
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 11.00.53 AMAntonio Cesaro (c) vs. R-Truth for the United States Championship"I would assume Cesaro wins. They just start of sorted building up R-Truth again out of nowhere. Cesaro’s a talented dude. I know people who have thought he was good for a long time, and they seem to be investing something in him. He’s getting a little bit of heat. I would say Cesaro wins because I’d be really surprised if all of a sudden they started giving R-Truth a big push again. That’d be shocking."
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 11.46.19 AMTeam Ziggler (Dolph Ziggler, Team Rhodes Scholars (Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes), Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio vs. Team Foley (The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Team Hell No (Kane & Daniel Bryan) and Randy Orton)"It’s interesting because that match is kind of a little harder to call with the Punk and Ryback stuff. It doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of long term plans for that match, so I would assume Miz plays a big part in it. And Miz either screws over his team or he goes babyface and they use it as an opportunity to change Miz. More likely though is Miz goes against his team and the heels, Team Ziggler end up getting the win. Ziggler is the one that should be getting the rub right now, so I’m going with team Ziggler to go over there. "
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 10.56.17 AMThe Big Show (c) vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship"I would like to believe if they decided to randomly put the title on Big Show that they would keep it on him for a little while. Then it’ll be meaningful when either Ryback gets a shot at him and takes the title, or Mark Henry comes back and goes after Big Show. I’m gonna go with Big Show. I just don’t think in Sheamus losing the title that he’s gotten any hotter and that people are desperate to see Sheamus win the title. I would assume they keep the title on Show."
- Screen shot 2012-11-16 at 10.53.29 AMC-M Punk (c) vs. Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship"Well Punk needs to make it through this match to make it one year with the title on Monday. So again, I would think the payoff of all this time is so that Punk gets a year with the title. And then Punk vs. Rock happens and they go right into that story after Survivor Series. My assumption is somehow John Cena and Ryback end up cancelling each other out and Punk slithers away with the title yet again, making it one year and setting up for him vs. The Rock. But you never know, man. I wouldn’t be shocked if it went another way. But if I had to guess, Ryback and Cena will mess each other up and Punk walks away with the title. The most meaningful result in this case would be the champion retaining."