50 Cent Admits Twitter Rift With Floyd Mayweather Was Publicity Stunt
Well that was quick. After disbanding the team last week on Twitter, 50 Cent is now admitting that the war of tweets exchanged between he and Floyd Mayweather was merely a publicity stunt. The G-Unit general took to his Twitter account earlier today (November 5) to address the matter, revealing that the traded barbs was all for “attention”. “I’m sick of all this nonsense Floyd asked me to act like were fighting cause no one was paying any attention after his 60 days.#SMSaudio,” he tweeted. “Domestic violence is very serious my apologies,my grand mother said we need to stop playing I’m done sorry#SK…I know some the thing we do in hip hop for shock value are wrong. He just wanted some attention Floyd is like a brother to me.”
The admission comes after Floyd’s string of bashing tweets last night (11/4) tackling his friend-turned-foe’s rap career. “A male boxing groupie.. hold my belts because your album sales have declined,” read one of the messages. Albeit that the alleged beef between the two was staged, it seems as though the relationship between XXL‘s December/January 2012 cover boys still remain sour judging by the array of tweets sent after by Fif.
He just called he mad I said something about domestic violence. He just want be in music. You ever hear him RAP?lol
— 50cent (@50cent) November 5, 2012
He texting really trippin over the domestic violence tweet. It’s true everybody know, he already did time for it. SMSAudio — 50cent (@50cent) November 5, 2012