1 of 7
- #Lupe-Fiasco-Mad Featured
- lupe-fiascoFive Things Lupe Fiasco DislikesKanye West, Pusha T, Chief Keef, Jadakiss and Big Sean are well aware of what they don’t like. Well, Lupe Fiasco knows, too. The Chicago MC has never been one to bite his lip, nether on wax nor during interviews. In a recent interview with Connecticut radio personality Jenny Boom, Lupe stated his opinion of 2 Chainz’s newest single, “Birthday Song,” stating that he felt it was generic and lacked substance. He also made some comments about Tity Boi, saying, “I don’t want to be... the nine chains guy.” But rap and rappers aren't the only things that displeases Lupe. If you listen to his music, well there are a lot more issues and personalities that he dislikes <em>XXL</em> takes a look at five other things Fiasco does not like or want to be. —<em>XXL Staff</em> (<a href="http://twitter.com/XXL/">@XXL</a>)
- Flag_of_IsraelIsrael“Israel, don’t take my side ‘cause look how far you’ve pushed them,” Fiasco spits on "Words I Never Said." As an unreserved supporter of Palestine, Lupe has run down Israel many times. Yeah...touchy subject. Nothing else to say, man.
- 600px-Atlantic_Records_logoAtlantic Records“I refuse to do that,” Fiasco said back in 2010 in reference to the 360 deal he refused to sign with his label Atlantic Records. He attributed his refusal to agree to the deal as the reason why his third LP <em>Lasers</em> got pushed back so many times. What did you expect from a record company? Loyalty?
- BarackObama - 620Barack Obama“I believe that the biggest terrorist [is President Barack] Obama and the United States of America and its foreign policy,” Lupe told Bill O'Reilly in June of 2011. Criticizing 2 Chainz is one thing; classifying President Obama as a terrorist is negligent. He actually made O’Reilly quite likable for a few minutes, which is not an easy task.
- Lupe With - 620Other RappersIn the same interview that included his criticism of Chainz, Lupe was asked who he would, hypothetically, band together with to be more successful. His response was “none of them.” So, he was never a part of CRS (Child Rebel Soldier) with Kanye West and Pharrell or tweeted about a potential hip-hop collective named the All City Chess Club, which included himself, Asher Roth, B.o.B, The Cool Kids, Charles Hamilton, Blu, Diggy, J. Cole and Wale? None of that ever happened?
- Lasers<em>Lasers</em>During an interview with Complex.com, Lupe Fiasco stated, "One thing I try to stress about this project is, I love and hate this album. I listen to it and I’ll like some of the songs. But when I think about what it took to actually get the record together and everything that I went through on this record—which is something I can’t separate—I hate this album." Aight, this is just sad. An artist not being allowed to push forth with his own music. Lupe definitely should've listened to some 'Tribe cause he would've known, "Industry rule number 4080, record company people are shady."