- #Rick Ross-Homepage
- 1x1-1Rick Ross' Shiniest Moments in the "Yella Diamonds" Video<object style="height: 390px; width: 620px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUbNmjc_jeg?version=3&feature=player_embedded"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MUbNmjc_jeg?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="620" height="360"></embed></param></object>On Wednesday (February 8), Rick Ross premiered his excellent new video "Yella Diamonds," off his <em>Rich Forever</em> mixtape exclusively on XXLMag.com [watch above]. If you haven’t peeped it by now, the abundantly entertaining clip offered all of the staples from Ross’ music that his fans love. There was skeezy looking drug dealers, violent goons, enormous, blinged-out jewelry, and, most importantly, a dope storyline—pun intended. The <i>XXL</i> staff can't stop watching it. Whether it's the literal interpretations of Rozay’s lines or simply the acute spelling used in the subtitles, there's just so many aspects to enjoy. Oh you missed that, did you? Well see for yourself.— <em>XXL Staff (<a href="http://twitter.com/xxlstaff" target="_blank">@xxlstaff</a>)</em>
- Screen shot 2012-02-09 at 1.10.02 AMThe Fuchsia SuitcaseThe video starts with this colorful gem. Ross knows that the drug dealers in Miami don't stick to the typical black suitcase when it comes to the transfer of money. No, no, no, no. Papi is a stylish cat. His luggage always has to match his Hawaiian shirt.
- Rick Ross-9PieceRoss' Infamous iPhoneRoss knows that consistency is king. Remember his famous line, "I'm selling dope, straight off the iPhone," from "9 Piece." Well the double R doesn’t falter. Let’s hope the feds never get a wire.
- meng-galleryGreat Usage of CaptionsLike any true author, Ross understands the importance of capturing the everyday vernacular of his subjects.
- Ross-SittingRoss Spending Most of the Video Sitting DownThough he does stand a few times, for a majority of the video, the MMG general is on his derriere. All jokes aside, the comfortable disposition speaks volumes. What better way to flex your gangsta than by sitting while you put a price on a foe's head?
- makeup-galleryThe Home Invasion SceneThis video might arguably the most succinct of all of Ross' visuals to his lyrics. Exhibit A, the Bawse's chilling home invasion verse. It literally captures <i>XXL</i>’s absolute favorite lines, “<i>You know they talkin' home invasion nigga/Seein' your daughter scream can be very persuasive nigga/First question, 'Where the safe at nigga'/All up in your woman’s face, fuck up her makeup nigga!</i>” Ouch!
1 of 7