- #Jail Birds - Featured
- #Jailbirds - homepage
- Lindsay-Fuck U<strong>Crime & Punishment: Lindsay Lohan Vs. Hip-Hop</strong>Lindsay Lohan is going back to the slammer — even if it is just for a couple of hours.<br /><br />The <em>Parent Trap</em> actress appeared in court Wednesday morning (November 2) and was sentenced to 30 days in jail for violating her probation after not attending court-mandated therapy sessions and getting fired from her community service job. And, although reports are now saying she will most likely serve more or less a day in prison due to overcrowding (again), she has to, once again go through the system due to her consistent habit of breaking the law.<br /><br />The case came as a result of Lohan’s alleged shoplifting stint last month and marks the fifth time Lilo goes to jail. She is expected to begin her latest term on November 9.<br /><br />Despite her long rap sheet, some might argue Lohan's hardly faced the strong-arm of the law since her first run-in back in 2007. In fact, her sentence was delayed because she had a Playboy shoot to get out the way. With that in mind, <em>XXL</em> decided to take a look at the former Disney superstar’s legal track record and compare it to similar crime sheets of some of today's most headline-worthy rappers. <br /><br />From Eve’s 2007 DUI to T.I.’s most recent jail bid, <em>XXL</em> presents Lindsay Lohan Vs. Hip-Hop, a breakdown on how the outcome of rappers' cases compare to some of Lo's top indiscretions. <em>—Amber McKynzie</em>
- Lindsay-EveLilo vs. Eve<b>Lilo:</b> Lindsay Lohan started her many-to-come run-ins with the paparazzi and the police in 2007 when she was first arrested in Beverly Hills for her first DUI in May. She was arrested on misdemeanor charges for driving under the influence of alcohol. She didn’t serve any time, although she did subsequently enter the Promises Treatment Center rehabilitation facility, where she stayed for 45 days. Upon her release, she was voluntarily fitted with a SCRAM bracelet to monitor her sobriety.<br /><br /><b>Eve</b>: After being booked at Los Angeles County Jail, reports surfaced that the Ruff Ryders’ former First Lady was found with a blood alcohol level that was twice the legal limit. Hip-hop’s ryde-or-die chick was released on a $30,000 bail. Eve’s lawyer plead no contest in court, which saved her from facing a potential six months in jail and a $1000 fine. She still got 36 months of probation, a $390 fine and had to pay for the street median she destroyed. In addition, she was mandated to wear an alcohol detection bracelet for 45 days and required to attend 10 AA meetings and a 90-day alcohol education program.
- Lindsay-Wayne-DMXLilo vs. Lil Wayne vs. DMX<b>Lilo:</b> The child star caught a second DUI arrest in Santa Monica, CA, just two months after her initial arrest. She was booked on a felony charge of possession of cocaine and misdemeanor charges for driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license. In August 2007, she entered Cirque Lodge Treatment Center in Sundance, Utah, for a third time at a rehabilitation center. Later in August, Lohan pleaded guilty to misdemeanor cocaine use and driving under the influence and was sentenced to one day imprisonment and 10 days’ community service. She was also ordered to pay fines and complete an alcohol education program. Additionally, she was given three years probation. In November, just over a month after leaving the rehab center, Lohan served 84 minutes in jail after a sheriff spokesman cited overcrowding and the nonviolent nature of the crime as reasons for the extremely reduced sentence. The stint came after officials were informed she’d missed a couple of court-ordered substance abuse treatment classes.<br /><br /><b>Lil' Wayne:</b> Border police at a routine checkpoint near Dateland, AZ, stopped Dwayne “Lil Wayne” Carter's tour bus and various illegal substances and guns were found during the stop. The New Orleans-bred rapper was charged with felony drug and weapons charges in late January of 2008 in Yuma, AZ. The Young Money leader was charged with four separate drug charges: possession of a narcotic drug for sale, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons and possession of drug paraphernalia after marijuana, cocaine and ecstasy were found along with $22,000 in cash and drug equipment. Weezy was released from Yuma County jail on a $10,185 bail.<br /><br /><b>DMX </b>: In May of 2008, Earl “DMX” Simmons was arrested for reckless driving after being caught on camera driving 114 mph and driving with a suspended license. After being picked up by Arizona’s Department of Public Safety at his home, the former Ruff Ryder was booked into Scottsdale City Jail and soon after released on bail. However, after Simmons’ arrest, police found 12 pitbulls and weapons throughout the home. He received 90 days in jail and 18 months of supervised probation, with no credit for time served.
- Lindsay-Gucci-2Lilo vs. Gucci Mane<b>Lilo</b>: Just after her three-week stay at UCLA's rehab center, the <em>Mean Girls</em> actress allegedly hit a woman and a stroller housing a baby with her Maserati in West Hollywood in early September 2010. It was reported that the actress did not look both ways before making a turn and was considered a hit-and-run. The incident was never reported, although two eye witnesses confirmed it to media sources.<br /><br /><b>Gucci Mane</b>: Like Lindsay, Gucci Mane has had his number of run-ins with the law over the last four years. One of his most recent encounters took place in April of this year, when Gooch threw a woman out of a moving vehicle in January of this year. The Brick Squad leader picked up a woman after inviting her to breakfast. But instead of going out for a morning of scrambled eggs and grits, Gucci propositioned his AM companion with $150 and a quick stop at a hotel. After immediately refusing to join Gucci, the trap star pushed the woman out of his moving vehicle. Gucci was charged with misdemeanor batter and a probation violation, as he was recently released early from a one-year sentence after being charged with assault. He served three months in jail.
- Lindsay-TI-2Lilo vs. T.I.<b>Lilo</b>:During Lindsay’s July 6, 2010 probation hearing at the Beverly Hills Courthouse, the Honorable Judge Marsha Revel stated that she had not yet received reports on Lilo’s attendance to her Right On program, an alcohol education class that Lohan was required to attend as part of her probation from previous DUI arrests. During this hearing it was noted that Lilo had “Fuck You” scripted across her multi-colored nail polish on her middle finger. Lindsay was charged with 90 days in jail at Los Angeles' Lynwood Correctional Facility and was required to attend a 90-day, in-patient drug treatment program after release. She only spent 13 days in jail and 23 days in rehab.<br /><br /><b>T.I.:</b> Tip Harris was arrested the first week of September last year (2010), after a routine traffic stop proved to be anything but. The officers who pulled the self-titled King of the South over in West Hollywood found Tip and his wife Tameka “Tiny” Cottle-Harris is possession of ecstasy – a violation of T.I.’s probation after his early release from his 2008 prison sentence (which initiated from his 2007 weapons arrest). Tip was charged with 11 months in jail.
1 of 7