- dipset<a href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/07/jim-jones-updates-fans-on-dipset-lp-reveals-movie-plans-video/">As previously reported</a> on XXLMag.com, the Dipset crew is currently working on a film based on the Harlem-based clique's musical journey.<br /><br />Late last week, <em>XXL </em><a href="http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2011/07/juelz-santana-reveals-more-details-on-diplomats-movie/">caught up with Diplomat Juelz Santana</a>, who revealed more details about the flick. “It’s gonna be a movie like the way they did Notorious,” Juelz explained. “But we’re just gonna be playin’ ourselves. That might be the first [movie] where we get to play ourselves instead of havin’ people. We’ll do it when we’re younger, but as it gets to us we’ll really play ourselves, cut the hair off our face so we look younger and shit like that.”<br /><br />The lead roles are already spoke for, but what about the supporting cast? <em>XXL</em> compiles a list of actors that have the chops to incarnate key players in the upcoming biopic. Eyyy! <em>— Gina Montana</em>
- MaseTristanTristan Wild as Ma$eLegend has it that Cam earned a cosign from Biggie after childhood friend Ma$e got him to spit for the Notorious one. Big was so impressed that he tapped Cam to be part of a supergroup called The Commission, which also featured Jay-Z and Charlie Baltimore.With matching dimples and pearly whites, Tristan Wild seems like the perfect fit to play Ma$e.
- BiggieKenanKeenan Thompson as The Notorious B.I.G.Ma$e brought Cam to Biggie, who would play a key role in getting him signed to his first deal. With a similar physique and a great personality to match, <em>SNL</em>'s Keenan Thompson might make a better Biggie than even rapper Gravy.
- PuffyDerekDerek Luke as Sean "Diddy" CombsAnything involving Ma$e and Biggie will most likely warrant a Puffy cameo. And, who better than Derek Luke to play Puff since he already played him already in the Notorious B.I.G. biopic, <em>Notorious.</em>
- UnRiveraAlbertAlbert Daniels as Lance "Un" RiveraCam signed with Lance "Un" Rivera's Untertainment label, with distribution through Epic Records in the late 1990s. <em>ATL</em>'s Albert Daniels will pull off the role nicely.
- DameLarenzLarenz Tate as Dame DashBoth proud Harlemites, Dame Dash and Cam were friends way before they got in the music industry. Dame eventually began managing Cam and later signed him to Roc-A-Fella Records. When trying to find someone that can exemplify Dame's swagger, and his signature dance, Larenz Tate automatically comes to mind.
- JaySamgomaSamgoma Edwards as Jay-ZTension between Cam and Jay-Z was reportedly palpable during the Pink Panther's days with The R-O-C. Word is Dame Dash naming Cam President of Roc-A-Fella was one of many things that led to label's split. What better choice than virtual unknown Samgoma Edwards, who acted as a Young Hov in his "Roc Boys" video, to pull things off again.
- 50idrisIdris Elba as 50 Cent50 Cent and Cam'ron's feud inspired the title of Fif's third album, <em>Curtis</em> back in 2007. Surely, the rivalry will be documented in <em>Diplomatic Immunity.</em> Idris Elba's bad boy attitude can serve for a perfect fit to play the Queens rapper.
1 of 9