Despite popular opinion, not everyone in the hip-hop world is a member of the smoker’s club. Sure, we can’t deny that rap music may be the most weed-obsessed genre in music history, but there are quite a few key players whose eyeballs stay as white as Vanilla Ice’s bare backside (pause). So this 4/20, while ya’ll light one up and get ready to take off, here’s a lil reading material for your flight. XXL proudly presents, five MC’s that will definetly be sober today.
- eminem-galleryEm has been clean and sober for close to three years now. With the immense success of his last album (2010’s <em>Recovery</em> sold over 3,800,000 units, was nominated for 10 Grammys and catapulted the Detroit lyricist back into the forefront), it is undeniable that fans would rather see Shady on the road to <em>Recovery</em> instead of on his way to another <em>Relapse</em>.
- lil-wayne-galleryPer the terms of his probation, Weezy will have to leave the weed, booze and sizzurp alone for the next three years. For those that haven’t realized the self-described martian definetly seems a lot more down to earth these days.
- 50-cent-galleryFif has stated on numerous occasions that he has stayed drug and alcohol free since signing with Shady Records. Few would argue that it hasn’t paid off—since entering the game, the G-Unit General has made a name for himself as one of the richest men in the industry. We’ll smoke to that.
- jay-z-galleryJay didn’t lie when he proclaimed, “I’m focused, man,” While he has admitted to enjoying a lil toke here and there, Jiggaman doesn’t really burn it down like that. He’s too busy making money. Forreal forreal.
- lupe-gallery<em>XXL</em>’s May 2011 cover star is a strict Muslim. That means no alcohol, no groupies and of course, no sticky icky. Did we mention he can rap his ass off.