15 Good Things to Do Without Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music Fridays
For the past few weeks Kanye West has been blessing hip-hop fans with new music every Friday. This G.O.O.D. Music Friday series quickly became the perfect cap off for a long workweek, as the Chicagoan dropped banger after banger (“Power [Remix],” “Monster,” “Runaway Love [Remix],” “Devil in a New Dress,” “G.O.O.D. Friday,” “Lord, Lord, Lord” and “So Appalled”).
The plan was to keep the G.O.O.D. music coming until Christmas. However, when an unfinished track, “Lost in the World,” which is scheduled to appear on ‘Ye’s upcoming album, leaked prematurely, he put the Internet on timeout and canceled the popular series this week.
"Due to blogs leaking unfinished songs from my actual album I've decided to pass of Good Fridays this week," @KanyeWest tweeted this past Wednesday. "It's messed up that one hacker can mess everything up for everyone... I love to take a year to finish my songs and deliver them to you guys in there most completed form..."
He continued: "It would have seemed like since I give free music every week even the lowest form of human being would respect that enough not to leak... unfinished songs from my real album..."
While the news saddens us here at XXL, Kanye has a point. So while the hip-hop community waits with bated breath for another week for the next official track from ‘Ye, we came up with 15 G.O.O.D. Things to Do Without Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music Fridays.
After that, let us know what you plan to do without some new music this G.O.O.D. Friday. —Anslem Samuel
1) Start the day off by listening to Graduation’s "Good Morning." It only makes G.O.O.D. sense.
2) Then, for G.O.O.D. measure throw on Diddy’s “Hello Good Morning (Remix)” just for kicks.
3) Now that you’re in a G.O.O.D. mood, call out sick from work/school because you're so sad over Ye's canceled G.O.O.D. Friday (if your boss loves hip-hop he/she will understand) and have a Megan Good movie marathon. Don’t forget the G.O.O.D & Plenty snacks.
4) If Megan’s flicks aren’t G.O.O.D. enough for you, pop in a G.O.O.D. guy flick like Clint Eastwood’s The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.” Go ahead, punk, it’ll make your day.
5) For lunch, go to Good Burger and order extra cheese fries. You deserve it.
6) To stop the itis from kicking in, start listening to real G.O.O.D. music. We suggest playing Consequence's "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" first. It's not new but it's still a good Kanye-related collabo.
7) Follow that up with “Good Life” ‘cause that’s what we always do at this time.
8) Now, you might want to switch things up so put on Ice Cube's "It Was a Good Day.” It would have been a better day if there was a new Kanye jawn in our life, but this will do.
9) Go digging in your music archives and pop in KRS-One's "13 & Good." Maybe Kanye might sample this for next week's track. If not he should. Man, that would G.O.O.D.
10) While you're at it, pop in Goodie Mob's first album, Soul Food. Do you really need an excuse to listen to a G.O.O.D. classic?
11) Go to Best Buy and pick up a Good Times DVD. Preferably the God’s business is G.O.O.D. business episode.
12) Now would be a good time to play Chic’s disco smash “Good Times.” Damn, imagine ’Ye flipping this sample.
13) Before the night is over, watch Monsters Ball and fast forward to Halle's sex scene to "make ya feel good."
14) Cap off the day by watching the Good Burger movie. That'll put you to sleep real quick.
15) “Good Night.”