Big L
Can’t Forget About You

big-l-feat.jpgAs with so many other great MC’s that were taken before their time, Big L displayed a measure of talent that made fans wonder if his potential had any limit. Where would he be today? What music would he have made? Who would he be working with if he was alive in 2007? We’ll never know and can only imagine. No longer with us in the physical form, Big L’s words will live forever. As a tribute to the underground pride of Harlem, on the 8th anniversary of his death, XXLMag.com has compiled some of the greatest gems L ever dropped on us during his career.

“MVP” – From his debut album Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, “MVP” was one of the first tracks that the general public heard from Big L. Using the same DeBarge sample used for Biggie’s “One More Chance (Remix),” it still stands as one of the finest displays of L’s charisma and knack for witty punch lines.

“Danger Zone” – L pulled no punches on this gloomy ode to his Harlem block. Tragically, he would ultimately lose his life in the same neighborhood he repped throughout his career.

“Ebonics” – Far from just a punch line rapper, Big L could pen a concept song with the best of them. This classic track breaking down some of the popular slang in use at the time is one of the best examples. It’s just the way that he talked, yo.

“Deadly Combination” ft. 2Pac – 2Pac was in a New York state of mind when he penned this verse, name checking Rudy Giuliani and DJ Ron G. The result fits perfectly with L’s verse for a classic track from two fallen soldiers.

“Flamboyant” – A perfect display of Harlem swagger. If you’ve never been there, listen to this song for an audio tour.

“The Enemy” ft. Fat Joe – Fellow D.I.T.C. member Fat Joe assists L on this track about the perils of being a young minority from the hood that finds themselves in the sights of the police.

“Stretch and Bobbito Freestyle” ft. Jay-Z – Back in ’95 before anybody had a reasonable doubt, L appeared on the legendary Stretch and Bobbito radio show with a little known MC named Jay-Z for a freestyle session. There has been much debate over who took title that day.

“Stretch and Bobbito Freestyle Pt. 2” ft. Jay-Z

“Yes You May (Remix)” – On occasion, Big L has been accused of co-opting the style of his D.I.T.C brethren Lord Finesse. While the similarities are apparent on this track, he more than held his own with the Bronx veteran.

• nation

i almost got worried

flamboyant for life.

• YOUNG STUNNA

cam’ron is harlem’s finest.

• ONLY BUILT 4 CUBAN LINX 2 > SUMMER 2007

R.IP. Big L…crazy flow…repped harlem 2 da fullest…its a shame he got killed…in fact its a shame…big pun…biggie..2 pac..big l…all have passed…we could have seen da greatest collabo..ever if peace had ever been..fufilled..but R.I.P. 2 all…and jay z should show mor respect for Big L.

• a town

cam’ron is a bitch compared to big l

• the one

One of the NICEST ever.

• hallik

Big L
    was one of the nicest MC’s ever…top five!!

• http://www.myspace.com/suntzu Sun Tzu

RIP

BIG L FOREVER

• the one

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WRONG……..dumbass!! Big L Is the best outta Harlem. Fuck Mase and Cam.

• http://www.myspace.com/suntzu Sun Tzu

# YOUNG STUNNA Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm

cam’ron is harlem’s finest.

you must be the most brain dead motherfucker of all time, fuck outta here

• ny till da end

R.I.P BIG L….HE IS N WAS BETTER THEN CAMRON

• http://xxlmag.com TerrorTwinz 07

Hell yah Big L!!!!!!God damn big ups 2 xxl for realizing such n unrecognized artist.This dude had cam n mase and Jay in a crew god damn it!Best Rapper that stayed in new york!

• http://none MC

Day One

• 100 Dollars

R.I.P. Big L

• BIRDSFLYSOUTH4SHO

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest

i can forgive you since you must be under 21.

big l was cam’s mentor so to say.

• http://bxconnect bxconnect

rest in peace brother.one of the best that ever did it.nothing can change that.

• Kid Anonymous

y niggas had to take away a good harlem emcee, i mean Harlem is puttin out bubblegum rap. I mean they throw shit on the wall and hopes it sticks

R.I.P Big L the last of the great Harlem Emcees

• Incilin

Am I the only person that thinks Papoose sounds and raps similar to Big L?? And by the way, Jay got killed on that freestyle. It was L’s all the way

• BIRDSFLYSOUTH4SHO

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.

I forgive you young stunna. You must be under 21 to think Cam is on the same level as Big L. They were both cool. But Big L was waay sicker than Cam. Big L inspired the whole game in regards to punchlines.

Big L and Jay were sick on part 1. Jay ran out of gas on the second part. still sicker than anything out these days.

• http://dman8784myspace.com dubldealing

hows these stupid ass niggas even gonna disrespect this man by saying that cam was even in the same league as big l? and i wish he were alive..he was siging to roc-a-fella b4 he got shot..just think of that lineup man him and jigga on the same team..and big l was i think a better emcee at that stage in the game than jay..Big-l rest in peace!!throw ya L’s up!!

• http://www.myspace.com/lowrider_latino2892 de king

the one Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 6:22 pm
    YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WRONG……..dumbass!! Big L Is the best outta Harlem. Fuck Mase and Cam.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

i agree on hime dat he’s dumbass but wat is still good

dumbshit

• skip

“Jakes” is cops for all u cats screaming “Curtis” . Man that ebonics is still the shit. Oh yeah I forgive u 2 Yung fronta ur very young I see (12-18 YRS OLD AT LEAST)

• >>>>>>>>ROC

that deadly combination track is crazy………….damn man why they had 2 go so soon………R.I.P BIG L,2PAC,BIGGIE, and all others who’ve passed 2 soon…….1

• Native Son

Big L for life!!! Harlem’s finest defining what it means to be great. L will be missed forever, RIP!

• http://xxlmag.com Bol

Big L was born in ’74, right?

• b-ease

ONE OF THE GREATEST MC’S EVER.

PRETTY WACK SONGWRITER THO.

• brick city nigga

RIP Big L if only he was still alive ta put these fake ass niggaz in check lyrically

• Mike

THANK YOUU!!! BIG up 2 BIG L, one of the best who we didnt even see his prime… dude was nasty n barely gets a respect like Pac n Biggie dose.

• YoungJ

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.

are you fucking serious? cam’ron would be L’s bitch if he was still alive.

flamboyant for life.

• dr. 187

THIS GUY IS THE SHIT, RIP BIG L

• RAY

4ever missed..

• trinibabe

Luv this man!! Always & 4ever!!

• $tack Dollaz

Its a shame that he had to leave us so soon. But the sadder part is that not a lot of people outside of New York really know who he is.

R.I.P. Big L

• Dipset

RIP BIG L…. Cam is by far harlems finest though

• E AKA THE REAL NORIEAGA

R.I.P Big L

He could hold his own in a battle against any mc ever. He’s also influenced pretty much every punchline rapper ever.

• Dynasty

big l the sickest harlem rapper ever, and in the top 10 greatest mc’s ever you got 10)Common 9)Big Daddy Kane 8)Jay-Z 7)Ice Cube 6)2pac 5)Big L 4)KRS-One 3)Rakim 2)Biggie 1)Nas you have 2 say nas cuz he created the greatest hip hop album EVER!

• Dynasty

L in da top 5 mc’s ever 5. big l 4. krs-one 3.rakim 2.biggie 1.nas

• dj jugs

rip big l
    the greatest rapper of all time, i have been saying that since 8th grade, if you dont agree and you say jay-z, please refer to the 7 minute freestyle posted on this in two parts. the only rappers that comes close to l is shakur, nas, one, and maybe kool moe. cant wait for real legends never die.

big ups to cousin A

and for the record big l is harlems finest, even tho i got mad love for cam, no homo

amd yes coleman was born in 74′

• R.I.P BIG L

ANE 1 ELSE THINKS JAY-Z KINDA BIT FROM BIG L A LITTLE BIT WITH HIS STYLE AND TOOK A LITTLE FROM BIG AS WELL? I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I HEARD O JAY-Z I THOUGHT HE WAS A BIG L CLONE

• VICK

Best RAPPER EVER HANDS DOWN!!!!! he was just underated…..better than pac and biggie PUT THEM L’s IN THE AIR

• http://NONE KILLA BLACK

Big L is the hotest spitter from Harlem, Cam cant fuck wit him, Mase either, plus they was all in the same group (CHILDEN OF THE CORN)KNOW YA HISTORY before you open your mouth you dumb young niggers, but yo that free style between BigL AND jAY was very close,you can tell they was getting at eachother but i think Jay just pulled it out (no homo)cause L was right there, you could say it was a tie, but damm if L,Pac,Big was still alive HipHop would not be going threw this state where in now, but have no fear,REAL HIPHOP IS HERE (myspace.com/blu-black)

• DruMack

It’s good to see a hip hop publication recognize a lyricist such as Big L. That cat was way ahead of his time and was also completely underrated. True hip hop heads know how sick his wordplay was on the mic. Alot of hip hop media outlets failed to appreciate this man’s talent while he was still living. Yea, I’m a big fan of J-HOVA, but the only time I really heard him outdone in the booth was that freestyle on Stretch and Bobbito’s show with the one and only LaMont Coleman. No damn doubt, L-Corleone will remain missed.

R.I.P Big L

• Mad TRaffik

Big L is Cam’s father on the mic.

• H-LO

Hmm, the freestyle with Jay sounds slowed down, doesn’t it. Or is the Version I have too fast? I tend to the first, listen to the drums. Since I’ve listened to the faster version a hundred times I can’t really enjoy it that way.

• g-villian

that niggia big l was dope as they come if he wasn’t in my top five he is know so far ahead of his time his parents aren’t even born yet thats dope.

• jacquez
  • Ghost of 2Pac

Hey Big L! Look dawg they talking bout you dawg! Check it out down there. yeahhh boi we having a party up here. Deadly Combination!

• chizamp

Damn..rest in piece Big L…man…classic niggas die so tragically

• 11kap

Big L. Diggin in the Crates. real streets. Bronx/Harlem. Uptown.

• CMoney

Rest In Peace to the Harlem legend, Big L Corleone.

• G.O.D

Peace to Man Woman and Child

Big L one of the greatest, funny were he still here some people would probably bypass his joints, showing what state hi-hop is in. Real hip-hop forever.
    God bless the dead
    one

• Real>Tough

Big L best of Harlem!! 2nd best goes to Black Rob! RIP L!!

• dat nigga

Fat Joe killed it on “The Enemy”

• Pbolanis7667

Props to XXL for not forgetting about one of the greatest lyricists ever. A lot of websites didn’t pay L their respects on the 15th, and they need to RECOGNIZE.

“Never had rules to follow/None of my jewels are hollow/Try to tax mines and you’ll be on the news tomorrow/Cuz I never was the type to start beefs/But I spark creeps /on dark streets/and stop they heartbeats/To hell with silly games I play survival sports/Sometimes I be in the crib/Stressed the fuck out with suicidal thoughts”

RIP BIG L

• H-LO

What puzzles me: His album came out in 95 and he was gunned down in 99 just before he could sign to rocafella. But what happened in the time between, I mean, jay put out like 4 albums during that period. Was he working on a new album?

• Rok

ONE OF THE GREATEST MCEES’ ever!!!

Flamboyant for life nigga!!1

RIP BIG L

ONE LUV HOMIE!!!

• http://www.kickiraider.com dolken

YOUNG STUNNA Says:
    February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.

WHAT A FUCKIN’ IDIOT!!! YOUNG STUNNA SHOULD TAKE THAT GOOGOOGAGA RAP AND BEAT HIS DICK LIKE IT OWES HIM MONEY!!

big L is the nicest eva…fo eva,eva

• http://www.myspace.com/soulasystem fred

Memphis Bleek: [Laughs] Hell yeah Jay was getting it, my n***a. I could tell you this. Rest in peace to Big L man, I love Big L. I remember back in the day Jay set up a battle with Big L and Jay put 65,000 in a book bag and put the book bag on my back. Me, him and Sauce Money drove to Harlem right to Big L’s projects with 65,000 cash in the bag to battle. And [Big L
    didnt want it with Jay! check allhiphop.com memph bleek

• EReal

Big L was that dude man. He could straight spit fire with that harlem swag. I remember many a days cuttin school with the nukkas and rollin up L’s to Big L. We’d be like, lets bang out that Big L while we roll this Big L and we’d constantly be on the rewind, like “did you hear that shit??”
    Man, good memories right there.
    If Big L were still here, there wouldnt be a Dipset. Period. (Sorry Stantanas)

1 hunned.

• http://www.myspace.com/soulasystem fred

did nt want it ..memph bleek on allhiphop.com

• bbe4eva

rip big l tha nigga was ill period and im from memphis,tn so hip hop is hiphop,tha freestyle was so ill!!!

• derfla the hus’la

R.I.P…. Big L

• bbe4eva

oh yea,jay did rep on tha freestyle tho

• bbe4eva

tha carjackin lines were ill

• Pingback: Big L Rest In Peace-- Synthesis Magazine

• MESSIAH

why dont jay spit like that no more?

• Stax On Deck

R.I.P. Big L

• Corleone

R.I.P. to the greatest lyricist of all fuckin’ time. My favorite rapper, his music influenced most of my high school years. And yeah, Papoose does kinda sound like a reincarnated Big L.

• HENDOG

I have to say thanks cuzz that Was the sh*t get me though the day with one of the best in the game.

• http://barrera.rubenyahoo.com LIL_VENOM

About time yall give my man BIG L some love he was and is the man the world missed out on this dropped Jewel and i hope all you young dudes up here can appreciate what the man brought to the rap game … a true legend

rest in peace

BIG L

• AZ$rugerman

Big L my man with the sick flow..”Ebonics” has to be one of the most imaginative tracks put out to simplify common catch phrases for all U squares out there B!!// This man could slice you with his slick words on a everyday basis// D.I.T.C. FOR LIFE

• thecoolguy

rip bout time he got atleast some recognition

• rip man

rip big l…hope he didnt mean that line bout not believen in god :/

• 1SHOT DEAL

jay-z and big -l ARE THE FUCKING GREATEST EVER….I MUST SAY IF YOU THINK CAM IS ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BIG-L OR JAY YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY

• Dom730

peace 1 of the illest 2 bad niggas is still out here beefing and taking lifes. R.I.P Big L.. ur soul is still wit us. cause these fake ass mcs step ur game up..

• Dom730

yo who could fuk with ebonics

• http://www.myspace.com/zeeprod Zee Productions

Tupac, Biggie, Big L – Deadly Combination ZeeMix

• dirty D

big l had it all for you young boys that know no better! flow, charisma, story telling, humor and lyrics of fury he was the truth. hed eat up any of these new cats. especialy cam

• http://www.thediceoflife.net thediceoflife

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 15th, 2007 at 5:45 pm
    cam’ron is harlem’s finest.
    ——————————-

Bahhaha..

Cam never said no shit like “I’m the type to snap in heaven, with a mack-11 and rape christ”…

L RIP.

• Wu clanman

RIP Big L

You are missed.

All you dumbass lil niggas that think any dipset ot GUNOT niggas could ever step to Big L just goes to show why the state of hip hop is the way it is right now.

Do the knowledge kids, then do the math.

• GOT DAMN!

lines to remember

“you better flee hopps or get your head flown three blocks L keep rappers hearts pumpin like reeboks”

“no other write rhymes like these im cool as a light breeze and playin rappers out like striped lees”

“im undefeated thats the stone truth cause fightin me is like fightin a gorrila in a phone booth”

“you got me pissed of frontin and your whole cilck soft if you had your rollie on i might cut your wirst off”

“i got drug spots from new york to canada cause big L be fuckin wit more keys than a janitor”

• L.R.N.A.

All u guys r dick riders, BiG l Wuz the nicest styll but half ya’ll who are leavin writin on this board HAVE NEVER EVEN HEARD A BIG L Track ..i can tell by wat u faggots type … None of ya’ll prolly even knew about children of the corn or D.I.T.C. OR the group he wuz in wit Jay-z and JA RULE!!!

• Double D

r.i.p to big l, i can talk all day about this nigga but there aint enough space
    whats up with that new big l album with preemo and fimesse on the beats tho

• http://www.myspace.com/rcvthamc RCV tha MC

BIG L RIP. Lifestylez Ov Da Poor And Dangerous is my shit, one of the greatest to ever rock the mic.

• LLLim

hahahahahah im lm likin big l me im n jay wuda killed it if he was stiill ere,,not 4getnpun tho haha.luvin it.imagine all the gr8s still alive serious,.. pac ,big,pun,l,…. n the so called under dogs proof solja slim even ppl locked away… imajine evry1 was ere wat itd b like i………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………you decide.

• IRONLUNG

Flamboyant for life.. Big L rip..

• az602

rip big l

• Double D

name one mc who used punches like that in they raps, he took punches to the HNL

• H-LO

Fav Lines frome the freestyle:

“I’m so ahead of my time,
    my parents haven’t met, yet” Big L
    “Go back like the oldy, but the goody
    pullin RnB bitches, wearin hoodies” Jay

LL
    LL
    LL
    LL
    LLLLLL

• Tray_J

One of the best who ever did it, R.I.P

• TaNk NYC

R.I.P Big L. Nicest outta Harlem. Fuckin shame he was killed before he could show the world what he was capable of. No on got flows like him

• 11kap

big l is one of the greatest to spit but as far as better than cam hell no!and cam’rons career shows that he is 10x more succesful than big l because he simply makes better music. R.I.P big l

• trojan

ya’ll are usin the fact that big l got cam’ron started thats why he is better but the truth is cam’ron excelled more than his teacher and became a better mc overall just like jay-z is better than big now.

• jusabrudda

top 5 dead or alive.

plz stop the beef in the world, im all for that.

thanks for puttin up his joints.

• C7 V6 Pers

R.I.P BIG L

• YOUNG STUNNA

ok just because big l got cam’ron started does not necescarly mean he is better by default just like jay-z over time got better than his mentor(big) so did cam.

• PiFF

Young stunna….. Camron will never be better than Big L. Jay-Z will never be better than BIG. Period

• http://www.myspace.com/suntzu Sun Tzu

Cam’ron is trash rap, he can’t spit worth a fuck what the hell are you talkin about new jack?

Cam’ron never will be anywhere close to the lyrical level of Big L

get the fuck outta here with ya disrespect, it’s pathetic

• CRACK POT

Dude was around for years before he died…why did he never blow up?

• Double D

young stunna dumb as hell and not to mention very disrespectful,
    and whats up with the new big l album with preemo and finesse on the beats?

• BIG L FOREVER!

Young Stunna you a fuckin idiot! I don’t give a fuck how old you are you sound like a 14 year old gurl. And tellin by yo name I guess it’s safe to assume you don’t have no hip-hop knowledge!

• fullofrythm

i’m surprised “Street Struck” didnt make the list….that was his best song of all time in my opinion

• king tont

young stunna/?/?/?//
    NEGRO PLEASE
    JAY-Z GOT BETTER THAN BIG?
    he dropped one album that u can listen to front and back,the rest+ aaaaiiiight at best

• reppin b.g.

cam is aight but L is classic. You can’t argue with that. That is off one cd only. Imagine if he had the time to grow as an mc like cam has. Anyone who is considered top 5 off one album is straight fiyah!!!!

• 11kap

Dj Ron G is Harlem’s finest. He put Big L on.

• thecoolguy

ayo reppin b.g get big l’s dick out ur mouth

• jusabrudda

im surprised Times is hard on the Boulevard isnt there, just for the record L and Cam kinda got the same flow but yo come on for consistency on a record much less a freestyle, L would kill Cam. if u dont know u betta ask somebody, young stunna

• QBfinest

RIP to Big L. yo dat stretch and bobbito joint iz fire. dem two was really goin at it. i think on part 2 big L ripz it……….

myspace.com/palomalo718

• From the City of Wind

TOP 5…

• PUCHMAN

BIG L R.I.P YA MUSIC LIVES ON, AND DATS REAL RAP U BITCH MADE NIGGAZ LEARN ABOUT HIP-HOP BEFORE U OPEN YA MOUTH.

• PUCHMAN

• Shortylightskin

notha soldier lost way too soon. RIP BIG L. ANd good look on everybody callin out duke that said Cam’Ron is better. One of the worst comparisons of all time(think Shawn Bradley vs. Shaq). L was as underrated and uderappreciated as my nigga AZ. HIS MUSIC WILL NEVER DIE, authentic hiphop, unlike todays bullshit. Just like he(BigL) said “Im fed up with that Bullshit”!!!RIP son

• http://www.myspace.com/luvmece prettyeyez

Big L is that nigga..alot of people slept on that cd but I think that he was before his time and he had words for days.. “Deadly Conbination” is my shit..My nigga Pac always comin hard so yeah..just had 2 comment on my niggaz..Glad 2 see u recognized a real nigga..RIP to Pac & Big L..1 luv
    xoxoxo…

• SurTheGod

Big L is one of the greatest of all time, and would destroy that fuckboy cam. Big L was a God amongst peasants.

R.I.P. Big L

p.s.-dont let that dumbass nigga stunna slide, I’m only 19 and I’ve heard all Big L’s tracks.

• Yun

Papoose is the closest thing we have to Big L now as far as style goes, Big L layed the foundation for the modern punchline rappers, and anybody who’s clownin Camron needs to remember that everybody dumbs down their lyrics when they go commercial, and Big L would’ve done the same thing on Rocafella if he was still alive..that’s just how the game goes..

• ghostanddarkness

big L rip ma dude u da greatest

• http://xxlmag.com hiphop headz dude127

Wow, I will seriously admit that I never heard Big L until I came to this page. I heard of him but I never heard him actually spit. And just from listening to these random songs I realize that he is One of the Greatest to ever touch a mic.

Anyway in that freestyle wit Jay, L killed it. He was ridiculous but Jay almost made me cry when he said, “Even when if they won’t let me in heaven/I’ll raise hell/til its heaven”…

L said, I’m so far ahead of my time/ my parents haven’t met yet…

Its only one thing to say. WWWWWWoooooowwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    These dudes is genius. They both killed it.

• SOUTHSIDE

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 17th, 2007 at 11:46 pm

man wtf do you know anything about hip hop.

• freshasfuck

RIP BIG L one of the nicest mcs ever

• http://www.myspace.com/zeeprod Zee Productions

Shade 45 Contest:

Eminem ft Ca$his – Jimmy Crack Corn(Produced by Zee)

Eminem ft 50 cent – You Dont Know (Produced by Zee)

CHECK THE TRACKS BURNIN UP MYSPACE ON:

also TUPAC FT BIGGIE AND BIG L – DEADLY COMBINATION PRODUCED BY ZEE

• nasty

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 17th, 2007 at 11:46 pm
    ok just because big l got cam’ron started does not neccesarly mean he is better by default just like jay-z over time got better than his mentor(big) so did cam.

young’n plz if you dont know the history keep your mouth shut

• The Don

First of all, R.I.P. Big L. Second that freestyle with Jay Big L never stumbled slowed down or nothin he kept goin wit his flow. Especially “so we can never b a couple hun,
    fuck love – all i got for hoes is hard dick and bubble gum.” Oh yea the bubble gum line jay bit off that. Now about Jay on the second part he stumbled ran out of breath and was talkin jibberish. Young Stunna get your head out your ass, then locate a store that sells L, then listen, listen carefully. If confused then refer back to step one, dickhead

• SteveSelah

What down Vibe…I must say that Big L was one of the first cats ma engineer put me on in the studio and I’m only 17,so know dat we feelin him out here in Chicago…and the way cats was talkin bout him I still feel his presence today…Can we bring hiphop back to what it was? I must say its still Good in ma City…Chicago till the world blow N’ R.I.P to Big L

• nasty

YOUNG STUNNA Says:

February 17th, 2007 at 11:46 pm

young’n stfu what do you know about hip hop

• efjas

idaslksjdklas

• Westside Reign

An untouchable lyricist. With the exception of Tupac, all the guest appearances on these tracks sound mundane when paired with L’s impecable flow.

• http://XXLMAG.COM C-TOWN

BIG L IS THE NICEST THNG TO EVER COME OUT OF HARLEM. POINT BLANK. KILLA CAM IS SICK, BUT THIS NEW CAM’ROM DIPSET SHIT IS HELLA WACK. CHILDREN OF THE CORN AND D.I.T.C FOREVER!

• vesybnvs

flamboyant all day! everbody knows BIG L was better than CAMRON back in 95, so why wouldnt he be better in 07. BIG Ls’ vocab was extra -plus- he was slicker…

• Proda’J

Man Big L 4 Life…Big L was the most lyrical punchline genius eva to had live. Many people don’t Know…even though he’s unrecognized most people get their style from him. “mad hoes ask beaves i get nothing but head(butthead)” Rest in peace man!!!!!!

• Fred D

GOAT!! Rest in Paradise!!

• http://www.myspace.com/rasheedchappell Rasheed Chappell

In the mid 90′s I was an up and coming MC myself so I kinda missed the Big L boat…I was so busy focusing on my own style…it wasn’t until after his untimely death that I got into his music…my boys from the BX had been telling me about him for awhile…and after taking a listen I heard 1st hand what all the buzz was about…it’s unfortunate he was cut short before he reached his full potential…his words will live forever thru his music and hopefully as we pay homage…we in the Hip-Hop community realize that violence is ruining our communities and silencing our voices…and we need to take a more active role in setting examples for those coming up under us.

Peace

Rasheed Amin Chappell

• G-Money

Rest in Peace

one of the greatest

• Toma!

Stupid asses, fighting over whos best at this art of flow. I rep West Coast Rap till I die (Pac). But when real people who notice real talet. They can see that L had shit locked from day one. The man didnt care about song writing, he was a battle rap/punch line muthafucka. And true rap artist notice know that. So to all of yall that dont see it that way. Eat a dick and go back to listening to your 50 Cent bitches.

• http://www.mcdonaldsrap.com carlos loco

Carlos Loco–These are the top five all time rhyme ginders. I’ve selected theses cats because of their ability to hit you off with freestyle flows that controls the crowd and their ability to craft hit songs.

1)Big L
    2)Biggie
    3)KRS One
    4)Kool Moe Dee
    5)Tupac

• rollin 7 heaven

Young Stunna U R DUMB AS HELL BIG L IS HARLEMS FINEST

• http://xxl.com Young Gutta Aka paper boy(Long live da king) MW

Much respect to big L…even dough i neva really knew him…

• http://www.myspace.com/taznum8 chris

big l r.i.p, one of the all time greatest ever, top 5, if hip hop is dead, big l is a big reason why.

• http://naw bjwill254

big L is waay better then cam. and im a dips fan lol

cam be making up words and shit, but it still sound nice lol

big L is on my top 5

• killa harv

a big rip to BIG L lets leave it at that

• Darius

YEAH I WAS TELLIN PEOPLE THE SAME THING THAT PAPOOSE REMINDS ME ALOT OF BIG L…BUT HE IS JUST MISSING L’S…SOMETHING I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS. JAY IS ASS FOR NOT EVER SHOUTING OUT BIG L WHO GAVE HIM HIS FIRST FEATURE ON A COMMERCIAL ALBUM IN ’95, THEN JAY CAME OUT IN ’96. THAT NIGGA JAY IS SO DISLOYAL…BIG L, JAZ, KANE, DAME HE OWES THEM NIGGAS FOR HIS CAREER. I HATE THAT NIGGA

• Darius

THAT NIGGA JAY RAP LIKE CAM ON THAT PT. 2…WIGGYITY BAM BAM WIGGITY BAM

• lexx ruga

this motherfucker here was out of the ordinary…bottom______…infact..i believe he was better then big and pac!!!!

• the big legend

“Stretch and Bobbito Freestyle” ft. Jay-Z – Back in ‘95 before anybody had a reasonable doubt, L appeared on the legendary Stretch and Bobbito radio show with a little known MC named Jay-Z for a freestyle session. There has been much debate over who took title that day.

lmao are you kidding Big L ripped up jay-z. jay-z is a clown who bites big L lines, check out youtube

• BIG JUICE

They dont make shit like This no more!
    R.i.p Big L, ONE OF THE BEST YET!!