1 of 9
- Kendrick LamarThe West has been on fire since Kendrick Lamar released his critically acclaimed LP, <i>good kid mA.A.d city</i>, and it seems like there's no stopping the momentum of the West. The influence of the Left Coast in hip-hop culture is not only due to the great music coming out of that region but also for the trends that the newer artists are creating with streetwear. As of recently YG and ScHoolboy Q have represented well for their coast, by landing albums that have reached the Top 5 on the Billboard charts, while artists like Casey Veggies and Tyler, The Creator are using their creative juices to produce great garments through their respective clothing brands. With the West currently influencing some of the biggest trends right now—bucket hats, printed tees and long tube socks—we picked out the eight most stylish rappers from the West at the moment.
- Casey VeggiesCasey Veggies first burst into the scene via the L.A.-based clothing brand Peas & Carrots Intl. Now considered one of the most promising MCs in the West, the young rapper looks to continue setting trends in the fashion world with jackets and close association with Puma.
- Tyler The CreatorTyler The Creator took Supreme to another level once he started blowing up. With his appealing skater look, the young entrepreneur decided to create a line of his own.
- Dom KennedyDom Kennedy is about keeping G and comfortable when it comes to his apparel.
- TygaTyga by far is the flashiest dude on this list as well as one of the most stylish from the West.
- ScHoolboy QScHoolboy Q is responsible for bringing back the bucket hat and oval shades in hip-hop.
- MacklemoreMacklemore can stunt on a red carpet with thrift store goods or designer suits.
- Kendrick LamarKendrick Lamar loves to represent for his native L.A., with all black Dodger hats and Nike Cortez's, but the young king also loves to rock high-end garments to go along with his streetwear look.
- Sage The GeminiSage The Gemini is all about rocking custom pieces and leather-padded clothing.