- Airwalk 1 620Photo credit: Mel D. Cole/VillageSlum.com
- Airwalk 2 620Photo credit: Mel D. Cole/VillageSlum.com
- Airwalk 3 620Photo credit: Mel D. Cole/VillageSlum.com
- Airwalk 4 620Photo credit: Mel D. Cole/VillageSlum.com
- Airwalk MAIN 620Photo credit: Mel D. Cole/VillageSlum.com
Late last week, iconic skate brand Airwalk and Brooklyn-based creative agency Project Fathom took over The Space at 99 Attorney street in Manhattan’s Lower East Side to celebrate the launch of ALREADY FAMOUS, a campaign that pays homage to the urban skate community. Sailor Jerry rum was flowing when fans arrived, eager to check out the skate ramp – custom built just for the event! Upon arrival, fans were encouraged to donate to the Harold Hunter Foundation, a non-profit that supports inner-city kids pursuing skateboarding.
DJ’s Helen Harris and Venus X provided sounds for the first half of the night. Later on, the skate ramp was converted to a stage in preparation for a performance from Odd Future duo MellowHype —mosh pit included! Overall it was an unforgettable night and a great start to the campaign with attendees including skateboarding legend and Already Famous ambassador Alex Corporan, MTV’s Sway and DJ Josh Madden among others. —Eric Cano (@IamEricCano)