1 of 9
- Samantha3San Diego-based model Samantha Lee may be just the right mix of sexy & smart. This 30-year-old fitness instructor -- and mother of a beautiful 9-year-old girl -- was named as a <em>Jet Magazine</em> Beauty of the Week earlier this year, has been featured on countless websites (including Dynasty Series, Cutie Central, & World Latin Star), and even had a small part in a movie. This half-Polynesian, half-African-American powerhouse recently sat down with <em>XXL</em> to talk about her aspirations, her upbringing, & her daughter. — Bernadette Giacomazzo (<a href="http://twitter.com/bgiacomazzo">@bgiacomazzo</a>)
- Samantha1<a href="http://xxlmag.com">XXLmag.com</a>: Tell me a little bit about your background.Samantha Lee: Although I was born in Sacramento, I was raised on the East Coast, and then all over the world. My father, who is originally from Guam, was in the Air Force & I also, eventually, went into the military.
- Samantha2XXL: You have a 9-year-old daughter. Would you support her if she went into the industry?SL: It can be very degrading to women, I would always be happy to show her the ropes, and be supportive of what she does, and direct her in the right path.
- Samantha4XXL: What do you look for in a guy?SL: I like someone who is ambitious, and someone who can adapt to whatever situation he's put into. Physically, a tall, stocky build guy -- with a nice smile -- someone who looks like Morris Chestnutt -- is just my type.
- Samantha5XXL: What would you say was your greatest accomplishment in modeling?SL: Growing up, I used to love looking at the Jet beauties. When I became the <em>Jet</em> Beauty of the Week this year, I was so proud.
- Samantha7XXL: What do you like to do in your down time?SL: Mostly, I spend time with friends & family. I don't like to go to the clubs that often.
- Samantha8XXL: What would you like our readers to remember most about you?SL: I'd like them to remember that I'm a jack of all trades, that I'm not limited to just one hustle. I'm not just a model, you know? I'm a model, I'm an actress, I'm a mother, I'm in the military.
- Samantha9Twitter:<a href="http://twitter.com/mzsamlee">@mzsamlee</a>